Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its simply not in his nature. Attack is the best form of defence in his eyes. When it works it works and when it doesnt then people fume like today.

Thing is Zat, it's not that.

He was defending fine with the tactics. He switched them up with a completely incorrect sub. Niasse was poor yes but he's never played in the Prem bar 10 mins vs a crap Villa team in a completely different situation.

Del would even have been a better option, but it should really have been Barry (if Lennon really did have to go off - which I personnaly think is balls - he could have lasted another 5 mins which would have been enough.)

Point taken on the if we had scored a third today but you can say the same for each of the games you mentioned too.

i've always said this season is a transitional season....and next season he will have his own squad and the Moyes deadwood will have gone.

i'd like to see what he can do next year. Needs to be going for top 4.
Then if he doesn't, what do we do?

I want to call this a transitional or progressive season, but it really isn't the latter. We've not progressed one iota, in fact our defending has become worse, and you don't challenge for top 4 by having the stubborn viewpoint that you don't need defending.

The stats speak for themselves now: 21 wins in 66, 4 home wins all season, 7 defeats at home all season (last time we did that was 1994, the season we stayed up last day v Wimbledon), the worst home defence in the league (yes, worse than Villa), 9 wins in 28 league games etc.

Bar one week we have been bottom half for a few months now. Our squad is much better than that. Two seasons on the bounce completely wasted, this isn't two games he has messed up, it's two years. He has to go.

Thing is mate, look how Southampton started the season. So you can't class beating a team that was losing at the time as a good side. Same as Chelsea.

The stats don't lie though, neither does the results. We may have played well , how many points do we have to show for it?

How about we stop blaming everything else and just look at the facts, most if our wins this season have been against poor teams, he'll 4 of them are the same 2 teams! We can't beat anyone decent, doesn't matter how sell we turn up, we can't win them. And we aren't going anywhere if we only beat poor teams below us

I'm not blaming anything else?

Every post I've done today blames the clear factors in our defeat today

- mainly RM
- Lukaku and Kev
- the collapse of the players in 10 mins (e.g. Jags)

Point taken on the if we had scored a third today but you can say the same for each of the games you mentioned too.

i've always said this season is a transitional season....and next season he will have his own squad and the Moyes deadwood will have gone.

i'd like to see what he can do next year. Needs to be going for top 4.

He had almost 3 seasons !!! longest transitional period since the ice age

We are going to come somewhere around 10-13th probably. It's completely laughable.

He has destroyed our home record. Absolutely turned the fortress into a tin hut with a gaping hole in the back of it. How can he not get wins at goodison? It's mad.

...but we play some lovely stuff sometimes.

The worry is now - what more can we change?

Drop Stones - ok we've done that, but as soon as we've come up against a semi decent side we've let in three
Drop Howard - as above.
Change formation - did that today, looked like it would work... then backfired spectacularly
Drop the useless Cleverly - again, worked for a while and still looks the best bet for better football

What more can he change?

I have backed Martinez but the Lennon sub was probably the worst decision I have ever Seen. We are 2-0 up with 10 men, we are pretty comfortable and playing well on the break. West Ham play their hand. Get it wide and cross to the big men in the middle. So what does our idiotic manger do. He takes off Lennon (yes a wide man) and replaces him with a brand new centre forward new to the team and league. Ten men and we are playing with two centre forwards!!!!!. That is the final straw for me .

he didn't even take Lennon off after they scored mate... it was before!

Defended him to the hilt but rightly so the pressure is on now.

I haven't turned but I'm fuming.

The moment Rom naused up the penalty was when we needed to bring Barry on to flood the midfield.
Bringing Niasse when down to ten men with 15 mins to play was barking mad.
He's said on the radio that Aaron was cream crackered hence him getting the hook - fair enough, but why oh why Niasse ?????
Game Management classes needed as the managers apparent lack of how to close a game out is quite frankly embarrassing now.

Actually, I'll get off the fence - his time is up, today was the last straw.

The good news is we lost before we play chelsea.

better than liverpool losing in the cup then winning.

I think we will beat chelsea now.

Diego Costa up against back line that can't defend crosses?

It'll be a massacre.

We have conceded so many goals in the last 15 minutes of matches

Watford
City
3 against Bournemouth
Palace
2 against stoke
Chelsea
3 against west ham
Villa

Not to mention all the goals we concede at the end of the first half of immediately afterwards
West brom
Liverpool
Stoke
Norwich
Spurs

It's beyond a joke now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back