Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worry is now - what more can we change?

Drop Stones - ok we've done that, but as soon as we've come up against a semi decent side we've let in three
Drop Howard - as above.
Change formation - did that today, looked like it would work... then backfired spectacularly
Drop the useless Cleverly - again, worked for a while and still looks the best bet for better football

What more can he change?

The club can change the manager

Take the cup runs out, have we had a good season? Or more specifically have we had anywhere near an acceptable season?

Based solely on league results.
Based solely on our league results to date, we have had a toilet season. Factor in the cup runs to date and we've had a below average season. Win the FA cup or stuff the RS and martinez buys back some good faith, even from me... but I doubt he's capable of either.

Point taken on the if we had scored a third today but you can say the same for each of the games you mentioned too.

i've always said this season is a transitional season....and next season he will have his own squad and the Moyes deadwood will have gone.

i'd like to see what he can do next year. Needs to be going for top 4.

I am sure people said the same last summer. If he is not getting top 7 this season he has to go. Winning 21 out of 66 is woeful record.

All these Martinez Sympathizers need to really look at results, first it was the crowd, then it was the defence, then it was howard (he is a bit poo like), what has been the only common denominator? El Coco Loco, he needs to go. Now or at the end of the season (preferably now) because our season is OVER. Do one you fraud, absolutely FUMING.

We have conceded so many goals in the last 15 minutes of matches

Watford
City
3 against Bournemouth
Palace
2 against stoke
Chelsea
3 against west ham
Villa

Not to mention all the goals we concede at the end of the first half of immediately afterwards
West brom
Liverpool
Stoke
Norwich
Spurs

It's beyond a joke now
But we entertain mate doesn't matter about the result.

The worry is now - what more can we change?

Drop Stones - ok we've done that, but as soon as we've come up against a semi decent side we've let in three
Drop Howard - as above.
Change formation - did that today, looked like it would work... then backfired spectacularly
Drop the useless Cleverly - again, worked for a while and still looks the best bet for better football

What more can he change?

Would rather have c leverley than mirallas in the team

Stones put in a transfer request, lukaku would leave if any offer comes in same for delefeou.. we offer no european football or cup success.

We're a springboard club, unless we utilise what we have that wont ever change, even Leicester went from relegation to title challengers in one season.
smon.gif

No guarantee of that Zat.

In the grand scheme of things, him being sent off effected us very little in terms of our defending, which was excellent until Lennon went off.

Look at where the goals came from + Lennon apparently was shattered.

Yes we could have put on Deulofeu instead BUT 2 up top worked for Man Utd for years..when they had a player sent off.

Mori should have headed away. Lukaku should have scored....Mirallas was off the pitch, different fame if he plays.

my concern isnt martinez. My concern is Niasse being dreadful + Mori great attacking headers hut not defending them...colemans poor positioning and jagielkas leadership.

Great tactics until the players let him down individually

All these Martinez Sympathizers need to really look at results, first it was the crowd, then it was the defence, then it was howard (he is a bit poo like), what has been the only common denominator? El Coco Loco, he needs to go. Now or at the end of the season (preferably now) because our season is OVER. Do one you fraud, absolutely FUMING.

We're still in the FA Cup, and have plenty of games left to play to make Europe. How is our season over?

Stones put in a transfer request, lukaku would leave if any offer comes in same for delefeou.. we offer no european football or cup success.

We're a springboard club, unless we utilise what we have that wont ever change, even Leicester went from relegation to title challengers in one season.

Which team do you support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back