Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because playing like we have and these awful sub decisions we won't be beating that Chelsea squad, not a hope in hell Elong.

I don't own a crystal ball mate. The way this season is going anything can and will happen.

I'm still waiting till the end of the season before making a verdict, because it's a lottery and there's still a lot of water to pass under the bridge.

Look at where the goals came from + Lennon apparently was shattered.

Yes we could have put on Deulofeu instead BUT 2 up top worked for Man Utd for years..when they had a player sent off.

Mori should have headed away. Lukaku should have scored....Mirallas was off the pitch, different fame if he plays.

my concern isnt martinez. My concern is Niasse being dreadful + Mori great attacking headers hut not defending them...colemans poor positioning and jagielkas leadership.

Great tactics until the players let him down individually

great tactics until the sub and the players let him down mate.

He messed up today, big style. Players also to blame of course.

I can't really blame Martinez, Lennon was spent, he swopped like for like, we were well on top and in control.

The blame for me lays with Jags and Mori for the first two goals, free headers in our box, bad defending.

The problem for Martinez is that our season overall doesn't leave him much room for maneuver. I'm convinced if we'd played well this season everyone would draw a line under this game and move on, but it's the baggage of being where we are in the league which brings on the fume.

I can't really blame Martinez, Lennon was spent, he swopped like for like, we were well on top and in control.

The blame for me lays with Jags and Mori for the first two goals, free headers in our box, bad defending.

Like for like when you're 2-0 up but down to ten men against a team in form is insane, absolutely insane and doubly so when the like for like player has no real idea of the pace and ferocity of the game in this country yet.

Martinez failed miserably to address the shift in momentum that the penalty miss brought about.

The new man will be getting the feelers out there for a replacement make no mistake

He's not going to pump 100s of millions into a club and let this idiot run it, Not a chance

No question about this. And if Moshiri's blood pressure has risen tonight , les see how he feels by the time Arsenal have left Goodison in a couple of weeks

Do you think that the board will act over the summer ? I have heard all the transitional lark and simply not having it as he has had long enough and his had more funds then Moyes ever did.

If we are to progress in the future we need a change soon or this team will break up and that would be Martinez's legacy.

...and the flowery BS he likes to spout to excuse the results we have got on the whole since his been here

We're still in the FA Cup, and have plenty of games left to play to make Europe. How is our season over?

Euro...unless the team won 6/7 out of the remaining games which is unlikely bearing in mind the home record has been dreadful. FA Cup maybe as long as you are still in but you won't place a good bet on it given the league performance.

I'm not blaming anything else?

Every post I've done today blames the clear factors in our defeat today

- mainly RM
- Lukaku and Kev
- the collapse of the players in 10 mins (e.g. Jags)
I mean for the season not just today. Today was an off day until you factor all the other off days we seem to have.

There is a pattern , and the more it happens, the more it becomes part of our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back