Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own a crystal ball mate. The way this season is going anything can and will happen.

I'm still waiting till the end of the season before making a verdict, because it's a lottery and there's still a lot of water to pass under the bridge.
That's ok mate and your opinion and respect that, but coco has been shown for what he is today with them subs imo.

Euro...unless the team won 6/7 out of the remaining games which is unlikely bearing in mind the home record has been dreadful. FA Cup maybe as long as you are still in but you won't place a good bet on it given the league performance.

No of course I wouldn't put my money on it, or anyone else's, but nothing's decided yet.

Do you think that the board will act over the summer ? I have heard all the transitional lark and simply not having it as he has had long enough and his had more funds then Moyes ever did.

If we are to progress in the future we need a change soon or this team will break up and that would be Martinez's legacy.

...and the flowery BS he likes to spout to excuse the results we have got on the whole since his been here
He will be gone
Still laughing that he told daft bill he would get us into the champions league

I'm peed of mate. I love Everton but I hate them right now I'm sick of feeling deflated after every defeat

Same, but you've got to be used to it, I'm 30, I've seen us a LOT worse than this. That's not an excuse for our form by the way.

As I say, May for me.

Being objective here.

His transfer record (bar stopgap signings and jury out for now on niasse) is great and he attracts players. Let him spend on quality in the summer.

If were not looking in the mix for top 4 by xmas then adios roberto.

new manager will have a top 4 squad.
My opinion on the matter is/was this, but I really doubt there's any intent from him to actually tighten up the defensive side of his game.

I really like him as a person (despite the tosh "phenomenal" press conferences) and think he genuinely does attract players with his personality, but he's just not adapting at all, and it's a shame because he seems like he's a smart guy...

Like for like when you're 2-0 up but down to ten men against a team in form is insane, absolutely insane and doubly so when the like for like player has no real idea of the pace and ferocity of the game in this country yet.

Martinez failed miserably to address the shift in momentum that the penalty miss brought about.
Your saying that with hindsight, we were absolutely in complete control, we didn't need to get defensive, Besic was snuffing them out in midfield, there was no reason to think anything needed changing, he brought Lennon off and put another winger on.

The problem was not stopping the crosses, and bad central defending for the first two goals, that's what screwed us, up to then it was a perfect 10 man performance.

Don't think it's a case of good players being let down by poor tactics?

Season as a whole has been a disappointment, you'll at least admit that much? It's ridiculously frustrating knowing that we're under performing because it's been a while since that's happened.

Not for me really, i expected 8th this season and we will probably finish there.

Tactics were good i felt. Niasse though made us look like we had 9 men.

As @The Mighty Quint wrote about Jags and Mori i agree with him for the goals.

How does Martinez tell Mirallas to get sent off?
How does Martinez tell Lennon to be exhausted?
How does Martinez tell Mori not to win headers?
How does Martinez tell Niasse to be dreadful?
How does Martinez tell Lukaku to miss the pen?

So many ways the players let him down today. His tactics would have put us 3-0 up with 10 men yet some here are saying hes tactically naive?

Its madness.

Today was by no means all Martinez's fault.

I don't know if Kev's first yellow was deserved but when you're on a yellow you don't dive in and the second looked nailed on a booking. That was always going to hurt us late on as legs tired.

Lukaku's poor penalty is outside the manager's control. Fair play to the keeper, he'd done his homework and knew Romelu likes to go down the middle so outthought him.

But why, when you're a man down would anyone take one of our most energetic players off in Lennon and replace him with someone who isn't up to the speed of the Premier League yet ? Besic for Stones was spot on, and I can see why he put Barry on for Lukaku, but Niasse for Lennon was just crazy. Sake Bobby, you make life hard for yourself sometimes.

Your saying that with hindsight, we were absolutely in complete control, we didn't need to get defensive, Besic was snuffing them out in midfield, there was no reason to think anything needed changing, he brought Lennon off and put another winger on.

The problem was not stopping the crosses, and bad central defending for the first two goals, that's what screwed us, up to then it was a perfect 10 man performance.

Precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back