Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be gone
Still laughing that he told daft bill he would get us into the champions league

I think today has shifted it to that, unless we see a drastic turn-around before the end of the season, then he'll be gone in the summer and we'll get a replacement in.

Would still be a bit rushed for him to go now (during the season) without an adequate replacement though.

So bringing Niasse on was a move to either help prevent crosses, bolster the midfield or assist the defence ?
It was, for me. sheer pig-headedness on the managers parts in thinking that we could keep attacking or catching them the break.

Think it was just less thinking we had the game won to be honest and that Niasse could do that job. He clearly couldn't and was not the right man and that's not based on hindsight - that's based on him having no PL experience and being a striker. Del or Barry or even Osman was the man.

@daz4matty From what I can remember, he never said he'd get us into the Champions League, Kenwright said that at the opening press conference and Martinez looked awkward about it.

To be honest mate watching it happen I didn't feel anything. I expected it once the first went in.

That's what makes it worse for me, I should have been gutted about it, it just felt like it was going through the motion, the minute we look like getting somewhere 1,2,3 and we have dropped/lost points.

Soon as they scored you just knew what was coming. Infact soon as we missed the pen I knew it was coming. But it's like knowing I have £1million quid win and lost my ticket so can't spend it it's just total deflation even know I expect it lol I hate everyone right now I've shut my curtians and I'm hiding

I wish we could change the fans not the manager sometimes.

As soon as you start staying stuff like that, you know he has to go.

7 home losses and it's only just turned March. They are perfectly entitled to be disgruntled. It's unacceptable.

If the the fans base are turning on themselves (I think over 50% are against him), then he has to go. You need a manager the fans can unite behind not one that divides them. It's no longer a disgruntled few.

If the club get an adequate replacement people will move on

Not for me really, i expected 8th this season and we will probably finish there.

Tactics were good i felt. Niasse though made us look like we had 9 men.

As @The Mighty Quint wrote about Jags and Mori i agree with him for the goals.

How does Martinez tell Mirallas to get sent off?
How does Martinez tell Lennon to be exhausted?
How does Martinez tell Mori not to win headers?
How does Martinez tell Niasse to be dreadful?
How does Martinez tell Lukaku to miss the pen?

So many ways the players let him down today. His tactics would have put us 3-0 up with 10 men yet some here are saying hes tactically naive?

Its madness.

The players let him down seemingly every time we lose. It's very obvious, he is in charge of the players. I think the only good point you make in your questions is the Lukaku missing the penalty one. Out of his hands.

The others, however;
Mirrallas being sent off: he is starting with a guy who has let us down in the past, has a major attitude problem and in my opinion, shouldn't have been put into that team since the penalty/sending off rubbish earlier in the season.

Lennon being exhausted: players get tired, it's up to Martinez to deal with that properly. In hindsight, Niasse wasn't the best choice.

More not winning headers: comes from defensive management surely? Plus, he did sign him.

Niasse being dreadful: again, he did sign him.. And brought him on at the wrong time, in the wrong match.

I dont understand how Geri has gone from 1st choice to 3rd or 4th in a matter of weeks.

Similarly, his first choice on the left was Kone, who now seemingly, cant get any where near the squad.

So irrational.

As soon as you start staying stuff like that, you know he has to go.

7 home losses and it's only just turned March. They are perfectly entitled to be disgruntled. It's unacceptable.

If the the fans base are turning on themselves (I think over 50% are against him), then he has to go. You need a manager the fans can unite behind not one that divides them. It's no longer a disgruntled few.

If the club get an adequate replacement people will move on

Say we win the FA Cup, what would your view be then?

But why, when you're a man down would anyone take one of our most energetic players off in Lennon and replace him with someone who isn't up to the speed of the Premier League yet ? Besic for Stones was spot on, and I can see why he put Barry on for Lukaku, but Niasse for Lennon was just crazy. Sake Bobby, you make life hard for yourself sometimes.

This bit is 100% spot on.

Not for me really, i expected 8th this season and we will probably finish there.

Tactics were good i felt. Niasse though made us look like we had 9 men.

As @The Mighty Quint wrote about Jags and Mori i agree with him for the goals.

How does Martinez tell Mirallas to get sent off?
How does Martinez tell Lennon to be exhausted?
How does Martinez tell Mori not to win headers?
How does Martinez tell Niasse to be dreadful?
How does Martinez tell Lukaku to miss the pen?

So many ways the players let him down today. His tactics would have put us 3-0 up with 10 men yet some here are saying hes tactically naive?

Its madness.
People just love to batter Martinez, if I thought it was his fault today I'd say so, it wasn't for all the reasons you just mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back