Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro...unless the team won 6/7 out of the remaining games which is unlikely bearing in mind the home record has been dreadful. FA Cup maybe as long as you are still in but you won't place a good bet on it given the league performance.

The specific point elong was disagreeing with was that we should either sack roberto now or sack him in the summer and it will make no difference which because our season is over anyway, regardless of how we play from now until the summer.

We are in a quarter final of a cup.

If we win every game from now until the summer, we will 100% be in europe and with a trophy, it would be our best season in 20 years, and it would be very different than if we lost every game from now until august.

The season isn't over.

Say for instance mourinho wrote to the club and says he'll be happy to take over for the chelsea game if they act now? Would you reply, 'no don't bother the season's over, nothing you can do now so just come in the summer jose lad'?

Because that's what you're arguing for.

Last edited:
Same, but you've got to be used to it, I'm 30, I've seen us a LOT worse than this. That's not an excuse for our form by the way.

As I say, May for me.

I'm 34 mate. It's more to me I feel like we turn a corner then get kicked in the jewels. The thing I can't stand is at home we should be able to beat teams and make teams fear us. This season it's like a free for all

His only saving grace will be the "freak" of a season but in reality we have been part of this freak season by gifting goals and blowing wins.

The dressing room is behind him but he is on borrowed ground with the new owner seeing Arsenal having a manager who has being making mistake after mistake.

Your saying that with hindsight, we were absolutely in complete control, we didn't need to get defensive, Besic was snuffing them out in midfield, there was no reason to think anything needed changing, he brought Lennon off and put another winger on.

The problem was not stopping the crosses, and bad central defending for the first two goals, that's what screwed us, up to then it was a perfect 10 man performance.
I prefer to call it a flashback, rather than hindsight, but:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35148469

Not for me really, i expected 8th this season and we will probably finish there.

Tactics were good i felt. Niasse though made us look like we had 9 men.

As @The Mighty Quint wrote about Jags and Mori i agree with him for the goals.

How does Martinez tell Mirallas to get sent off?
How does Martinez tell Lennon to be exhausted?
How does Martinez tell Mori not to win headers?
How does Martinez tell Niasse to be dreadful?
How does Martinez tell Lukaku to miss the pen?

So many ways the players let him down today. His tactics would have put us 3-0 up with 10 men yet some here are saying hes tactically naive?

Its madness.
He did sign Niasse didn't he?he did replace Lennon with Niasse didn't he?

I'm peed of mate. I love Everton but I hate them right now I'm sick of feeling deflated after every defeat
To be honest mate watching it happen I didn't feel anything. I expected it once the first went in.

That's what makes it worse for me, I should have been gutted about it, it just felt like it was going through the motion, the minute we look like getting somewhere 1,2,3 and we have dropped/lost points.

I know mate I was sat in the parkend with my head in my hands.

If he was knackered then it's fine to take him off, but we had better options to replace him with. Even Del would add that threat to keep W Ham's full backs deeper and has been there and done it compared to Niasse who hasn't.

Not for me really, i expected 8th this season and we will probably finish there.

Tactics were good i felt. Niasse though made us look like we had 9 men.

As @The Mighty Quint wrote about Jags and Mori i agree with him for the goals.

How does Martinez tell Mirallas to get sent off?
How does Martinez tell Lennon to be exhausted?
How does Martinez tell Mori not to win headers?
How does Martinez tell Niasse to be dreadful?
How does Martinez tell Lukaku to miss the pen?

So many ways the players let him down today. His tactics would have put us 3-0 up with 10 men yet some here are saying hes tactically naive?

Its madness.

It's called seeing out a game mate. We went two up top whilst winning 2-0 with 10 men and about 20 minutes to go. It is most definitely Martinez fault.

I remember the good ol' days. When we were 12th because of crushing UEFA schedule. Just wait until Spurs have to navigate an European campa......

His only saving grace will be the "freak" of a season but in reality we have been part of this freak season by gifting goals and blowing wins.

The dressing room is behind him but he is on borrowed ground with the new owner seeing Arsenal having a manager who has being making mistake after mistake.

Imagine if moshri pulled the plug.... I would cry every day like a baby

Your saying that with hindsight, we were absolutely in complete control, we didn't need to get defensive, Besic was snuffing them out in midfield, there was no reason to think anything needed changing, he brought Lennon off and put another winger on.

The problem was not stopping the crosses, and bad central defending for the first two goals, that's what screwed us, up to then it was a perfect 10 man performance.

So bringing Niasse on was a move to either help prevent crosses, bolster the midfield or assist the defence ?
It was, for me. sheer pig-headedness on the managers parts in thinking that we could keep attacking or catching them the break.

I understand the frustration mate.
I just think as a manager he's 90% there, just needs a few tweaks and he'll be a top top level one.
Also, most in the crowd wouldn't have had us going 5 at the back today, yet it was the right call.
We take our chances we win this game, he brings on a like for like with Niasse and Lennon when we're getting tired and it doesn't come off.
Small margins.

If the margins are so small mate how come this "90% there" genius can't make those "few tweaks" and stop throwing games away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back