Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hire a group of ex-footballers with absolutely no knowledge of management at the highest level to run the club?

Worked really well for Shearer, didn't it?

Nev's a legend but he doesn't half chat some nonsense.

Beat me to it mate!

Nev is a bit clueless on stuff like that.

What we need is somebody to get hold of RM - and I'd say it needs to be our club captain Jagielka, Baines and Barry as the senior players - and have a sit down and serious discussion about tactics and how as players and manager they can recover from this. RM got it all right fir 75 minutes today, and then committed the equivalent of footballing suicide (for lack of a better word).

I have backed Martinez but the Lennon sub was probably the worst decision I have ever Seen. We are 2-0 up with 10 men, we are pretty comfortable and playing well on the break. West Ham play their hand. Get it wide and cross to the big men in the middle. So what does our idiotic manger do. He takes off Lennon (yes a wide man) and replaces him with a brand new centre forward new to the team and league. Ten men and we are playing with two centre forwards!!!!!. That is the final straw for me .

Mori takes blame for the headers but hes been great so...

For me, I blame Mirallas as we would have won if he wasnt such a ....

Niasse was shocking. Martinez couldnt have seen that coming.

No guarantee of that Zat.

In the grand scheme of things, him being sent off effected us very little in terms of our defending, which was excellent until Lennon went off.

Take the cup runs out, have we had a good season? Or more specifically have we had anywhere near an acceptable season?

Based solely on league results.
egvcgea.gif

I'd be praising the first half tactics, still won't agree with not keeping the score for ones. I love/hate IF situations, as most of it is bs. Fact is what actually happened.

I can't legislate for Lukaku's miss, but even at 3:0 up if he takes Lennon of for Niasse - it's still a crap sub that will cost us at least a few goals and buttclenching moments, and who knows what will happen when those come in.

And yes, I can lose faith in the manager even if we win if we're barely getting away with some of it. Bournemouth in the cup was described as a "steady win", despite the fact we played gash most of the first 45 and they probably should've been at least a goal up, had it not been for a good Joel save from the pen (after which THREE players were unmarked in the box for the follow up and bumped into each other and missed a sitter, which I'd say was lucky as all hell). Newcastle with the late Cleverley goal after a jumble in the box and crap play overall again? In the Villa win, had it been against a decent team - they'd be cruising a few goals up at HT, and even there Joel had to make a few excellent saves, and the goal was, again, from a cross. I cba going through every game in the last 3 months, but you get my point I hope.

Point taken on the if we had scored a third today but you can say the same for each of the games you mentioned too.

i've always said this season is a transitional season....and next season he will have his own squad and the Moyes deadwood will have gone.

i'd like to see what he can do next year. Needs to be going for top 4.

Stones put in a transfer request, lukaku would leave if any offer comes in same for delefeou.. we offer no european football or cup success.

We're a springboard club, unless we utilise what we have that wont ever change, even Leicester went from relegation to title challengers in one season.

We are going to come somewhere around 10-13th probably. It's completely laughable.

He has destroyed our home record. Absolutely turned the fortress into a tin hut with a gaping hole in the back of it. How can he not get wins at goodison? It's mad.

Mirallas dug the grave, Martinez hit us over the head with the shovel and let us fall in.

lol

....and NIASSE stood above, looking down whilst laughing heartily and with only a smidge of shame about his wage & TX fee.

Really really REALLY laughing.

The good news is we lost before we play chelsea.

better than liverpool losing in the cup then winning.

I think we will beat chelsea now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back