Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's GOT to start rotating Barry. Having him play every second of every game is doing the team absolutely no favours.

The tactics were spot on in the first half, we stifled them and they rarely looked like scoring. Really disappointed that having done that we didn't pen them back in the second half. There just wasn't enough in attack because our midfielders had such a defensive mindset.

Given they had played a fairly tough midweek match guess the plan was for us to just soak up their pressure for the bulk of the match and then as they tired move to a more attacking formation in the last few minutes to try and get a late winner.

Almost worked as well.

Like Homer, boxing.

Martinez has shown a tactical flexibility that I did not think that he had.

He has made us hard to beat at a time when we desperatly needed points.

Yes it hasn't been great to watch in the last couple of weeks but he has ground out results.

We should never have been in this position with this squad but at least the manager has ( at last ) acted decisively.

Have I missed summit...whats Garbut done ?

Twitter rebellion. Trying to be a smart arse when things were not looking good for his manager...the manager who'd given him a chance to further his career, btw.

He can leave as far as I'm concerned. Thimbleful of talent and a big gob on him. Not a great combination.

Twitter rebellion. Trying to be a smart arse when things were not looking good for his manager...the manager who'd given him a chance to further his career, btw.

He can leave as far as I'm concerned. Thimbleful of talent and a big gob on him. Not a great combination.
Oh...so nothing criminal then....fair do's.

Plotters make a late charge here.

Maybe they feel confident enough to do another one of their 'Should Martinez be sacked' post match polls?

I'm doubting it, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back