Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sceptical at the time too, but it did give us more of an attacking edge for the last 7 mins or so. The 3 man defence allowed the full backs to get forward (Colemans chance). It was obvious Liverpool were no threat, obvious a bit too late though.

A fully fit, on form midfield 3 of Besic, McCarthy and Barkley could be really good though .

Away legs in Europe perhaps.

At the Bridge this week and at Arsenal in a couple of weeks I would like to see it for sure.

But if playing thise three in midfield against Leicester, the Barcodes and other upcoming home games becomes the new norm then I would be very much against it.

Playing a back three of Stones, Jags and Alcaraz would a disaster I think. Alcaraz is not good enough, seem to recall yesterday in the short time he was on managed to give the ball away a few times.

Mate, In this Mix, you have not mentioned Oveido, so how do you see him fitting in?

Good question. I think with Oviedo, he's more of a utility player, in that he can play on the left side of midfield too.

He seems happy to be the understudy, and he's got another year on his contract too, as his deal doesn't expire until summer 2016.

Doesnt matter who plays well- this gotta be the starting lineup:

Robles
Baines, Jags, Stones, Coleman
McCarthy, Besic
Lennon, Barkley, Mirallas
Lukaku

Howard, Alcaraz, Barry, Osman, Pienaar, McGeady, Naismith

Kone, Distin, Gibson

Playing a back three of Stones, Jags and Alcaraz would a disaster I think. Alcaraz is not good enough, seem to recall yesterday in the short time he was on managed to give the ball away a few times.
I agree we need to keep it 4 at the back.
We have the players they just need to be used in the right way now by the manager.
After the chelsea game i would expect us to play a lot more in the opposition half and with more speed

Good question. I think with Oviedo, he's more of a utility player, in that he can play on the left side of midfield too.

He seems happy to be the understudy, and he's got another year on his contract too, as his deal doesn't expire until summer 2016.

Which is why I think we should be holding on to Garbutt.

I can't wait to get rid of Alcaraz. He is just crap. If we need to keep one CB out of those two, I rather have Distin, at least he isn't injured prone. I know both are getting on anyway.

I can't wait to get rid of Alcaraz. He is just crap. If we need to keep one CB out of those two, I rather have Distin, at least he isn't injured prone. I know both are getting on anyway.

Just when we could have done with still having Duffy however he does not seem to be any great shakes at his new club so one never knows. Me I am leaning to Van Dijk.

Just when we could have done with still having Duffy however he does not seem to be any great shakes at his new club so one never knows. Me I am leaning to Van Dijk.

We need another good CB to partner Stones and Jags. We can just get a freebie as 4th choice CB.

3 good CB will do.

I have not seen it but the scuttlebuck especially from DaveK that he was having a moan about getting hardly any game time.
Cheers dude.
If he was moaning about not getting game time thats a good thing.
I hope he plays against chelsea if bainsey is missing because oviedo was rusty to say the least

I have not seen it but the scuttlebuck especially from DaveK that he was having a moan about getting hardly any game time.

Collymore said young english talents should get more of a chance in the prem. Garbutt liked it.

Davek took that to mean Garbutt was wandering around finch farm slapping martinez with his cock and demanding to have sex with his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back