Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to win a derby at home to an average Liverpool team as that is pathetic

They played the first 60 without a striker ffs and we didnt even try to have a go.

It was a bit more than that under the circumstances.

Anyway, he wants to go to Liverpool. So that'll be nice for him.
Last i heard he & the club were close to a deal.
Sign him long term and loan him straight away to a championship club if he progresses sufficiently we call him back
as liverpool just done with Ibe.If not he still has a resale value...Win Win for me.Silly to see his contract run down just
for the sake of a silly comment or two.

Last i heard he & the club were close to a deal.
Sign him long term and loan him straight away to a championship club if he progresses sufficiently we call him back
as liverpool just done with Ibe.If not he still has a resale value...Win Win for me.Silly to see his contract run down just
for the sake of a silly comment or two.
He can't be allowed to dictate to a manager though that he wants assurances about game time. He's basically done **** all to demand anything.

He needs to sign up or belt up and leave.

so he does want game time. ffs.
sign the contract lad, youll be regular little bit later,

he's not good enough yet so loan in championship would be good for him. if he cant take that then koff.

He can't be allowed to dictate to a manager though that he wants assurances about game time. He's basically done **** all to demand anything.

He needs to sign up or belt up and leave.
Whatever decision is made it will be made by the club,i'm sure it will involve finance.
He's far from the finished article & nowhere near 1st team yet ,but he may in the future.
Like it or not he is an asset and we have to protect our investments.
New contract & loaned out is a safe bet alround.Chelsea do it all the time.

Last season the dreaded reds took 4 points off us - This season only two points - that's an improvement!

Get real mate, it's only an improvement on last seasons aggregate because the rs are a much crapper team than last season, please stop with the excuses, we are a badly mediocre team

Where did you get that from Dave?

PS We will need Garbutt for the future all it needs is for RM to sort out the mess and for both to use a bit of common sense. Can you never forgive Dave?

The problem is - if Baines and Garbutt are both fit, who do you play? Baines every time. Baines is 30. We're past the point of him being sold, so he's going to be at Everton until his mid-30s at least, so that's another 5 years. In 5 years time, Garbutt will be 26. Does Garbutt want to wait around and be 2nd choice for 5 more years?

Given his reluctance to sign a new contract, clearly not. And given his reluctance to sign a new contract, the club don't want to play him either.

He's clearly going in the summer, the question is: to whom?

They hit the woodwork once but all those "shots on target" they had were dealt with very comfortably by Joel.
Hitting the post gets you as much as hitting the corner flag,well that's what my Dad would tell me when I told him how close we'd come to getting a result.

The problem is - if Baines and Garbutt are both fit, who do you play? Baines every time. Baines is 30. We're past the point of him being sold, so he's going to be at Everton until his mid-30s at least, so that's another 5 years. In 5 years time, Garbutt will be 26. Does Garbutt want to wait around and be 2nd choice for 5 more years?

Given his reluctance to sign a new contract, clearly not. And given his reluctance to sign a new contract, the club don't want to play him either.

Mate, In this Mix, you have not mentioned Oveido, so how do you see him fitting in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back