Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't organise any polls; go ask the people who put them up. And remember you were one of those people

What about your lies, you still going with the conspiracy of jags, distin, Osman, pienaar, Howard all trying to oust him??
I told no lies, I gave an opinion based on what I observed. If it's wrong, it's wrong. I didn't say I had the inside info on it.

It's good that the usual suspects aren't using a poll after the Derby though. No doubt they'll resurface if we get beat against Chelsea.

I told no lies, I gave an opinion based on what I observed. If it's wrong, it's wrong. I didn't say I had the inside info on it.

It's good that the usual suspects aren't using a poll after the Derby though. No doubt they'll resurface if we get beat against Chelsea.

They may well dave, but you can take it up with them.

And if you want you can say "you were right, the team was overplaying and he needed to go back to basics and sort that defence out first and not continue play a brand of football that wasn't working"

Quite funny that all the "plotters" wanted was the manager to identify the issue at hand and try and solve it while others wanted the over passing etc etc to continue. Looks like those who questioned him were right after all

Not really. I think the main issue is/was the "GET THE CLOWN OUT HE'LL TAKE US DOWN HE'S TURNING US INTO WIGAN" party.

Not really. I think the main issue is/was the "GET THE CLOWN OUT HE'LL TAKE US DOWN HE'S TURNING US INTO WIGAN" party.

Probably a hand few, from the palace game me I was calling for a change in his tactics; over Xmas I got worried because he had become stubborn in his approach and we were suffering big time. I want the best for everton, don't give a sh!t about any manager as long as they deliver on the pitch

To be fair, you can't lump everyone who questioned Martinez into the same category. Anyone shouting for him to be sacked after a few bad results was overreacting. However, a lot of people, myself included, were just asking for him to show a bit of pragmatism and get back to basics.

There is still a lot of work to be done but I think in the last 5 games he's showed that he can deal with a downturn, shore up the defence and get the team fighting if he needs to, which is reassuring to know. We all knew last season he could get us playing nice stuff, but we weren't sure if he could take us into battle when things weren't going so well - it took him a little while to show it.

This is too sensible for me tonight.

Get Pearson in ffs.

plotters.webp

Honestly the fact that he's gone all moyes worries me more than it reassures me.

I remember old gingerballs came here with an attacking reputation, too. In his first couple of years he would reguarly play 2 or 3 up top and really go at teams but then he got scared and cautious and we saw hoof ball every game.

I don't want this to become a habit with bobby.

I frequently made reference to his wika waka football philosophy but often I commented that I don't care who the manager is but with our squad we should be doing better. I remain unconvinced as I stated in the Derby thread I shall wait until after the next 4 games to see if a corner has been turned for the better.

Let us be clear though his team selections and subbings have been questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back