Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it reflects worse on the players that he's had to go back and re-teach them the basics tbh. He has got far from everything right, Martinez, but there are very few players that can honestly say they've performed anywhere near last season's levels.

See this was my entire argument from the beginning, yes some players have under performed, it's obvious. But teams have also stopped us playing, allowed us to have the ball and then hit us on the break. My biggest concern all season, and he seemed to be doing the same thing over and over again. Basically what we did to the RS yesterday; let them mess round with it, pressure them when they got in a dangerous position and regain the ball.

Shocking really how we're still stuck on a small club mentality. Both fans and players
Not really shocking at all. One constant remains...

images

I think it reflects worse on the players that he's had to go back and re-teach them the basics tbh. He has got far from everything right, Martinez, but there are very few players that can honestly say they've performed anywhere near last season's levels.

Reflects worse on the players. I don't think I've heard it better put than that mate and it's absolutely spot on. Let's look at the form of them this season

Howard : way under what is expected. His injury has been a blessing in disguise
Coleman : no where near the standard of last season
Jagielka : awful form and only the last few games has he looked like anywhere near the player of last season
Distin : awful season from him
Alcaraz : Poor when being called upon
Stones : excellent form but missed a large part through injury
Baines : consistent
Barry : awful for the most part, played when injured. Needs to be managed better
McCarthy : injured for huge chunk of season
Mirallas : finds form, gets injured, takes 5 games to find form. Wash rinse and repeat
Pienaar : useless due to injury
McGeady : consistently inconsistent
Barkley : out of form
Naismith : consistent though his form hasn't been great either past few games
Lukaku : has struggled all season. Has 2 good games followed by 3 average ones.
Osman : injured
Gibson : injured
Hibbert : injured
Oviedo : finding his feet after bad injury
Kone : finding his feet after bad injury

Positives of this season so far

Joel : growing in confidence with every game
Stones : has settled the defence down and Jags looks all the better for it
Besic : putting in some solid displays

Sorry for the long post but what the above tells me is the players have been absolutely garbage. It's easy to cope when one or 2 players are out of form. But we've had games where 8-9 of them have been an absolute shambles and there's not much Bobby can do when they are out on the pitch.

Martinez isn't blameless in all of this either, he's got a lot of graft to put in come the summer. A really good crack at the EL and this season won't be such a write off but as things stand today, it's been a [Poor language removed] shambles from start to finish and there's only about 3 or 4 players who can hold there hand up and say they've done what is asked of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back