Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what our expectations as supporters for next season will be?

Will we be expecting to contend for a Champions League place, or has our regression under Martinez led to fans being happy with mid-table again?

Will we be expecting to contend for a Champions League place, or has our regression under Martinez led to fans being happy with mid-table again?

Its a big summer for Martinez players wise the squad needs investing in some players aren't good enough now. It will help if we have money or not

Its a big summer for Martinez players wise the squad needs investing in some players aren't good enough now. It will help if we have money or not

How many transfer windows has he had now to get players in who can "cope" with his philosophy??? How many more transfer windows will he need to get his type of player in? How long will it take to get rid of the deadwood or rumoured troublemakers undermining his "vision"??? This will indeed be an interesting summer but, in the end, the buck stops with the manager and I hope he does what is required for us to progress in the right direction.

There'll be plenty like me who are giving Martinez a free ride this season as long as we're in no real danger of the relegation zone. The knives will be out early next year though, he HAS to take us back to that level below the top teams. It's a difficult ask but it's what we've became accustomed to.

Some big decisions for him this summer if he's going to achieve that. Right now I don't know if he's capable of turning it around but he at least deserves the chance to do so. Regardless of what we think/our expectations are Martinez will be here for a few years regardless IMO.

For me it is player type that he targets that will determine his future here. If he wants to play a Barcelona style possession football, targeting the Cleverleys of the world is just taking the wee. Makes him look clueless.
Find Continental/Latin gems that have grown up with, and can play your system, comfortably.

I don't mind if they are young and need a few years to develop. Am happy to give him time if I can see the plan. But to bring in British Cleverley/McGeady/Wigan FC types is, as I said above, taking a wee on all of us and warrants an el sacko of the el jobo... lo siento

For me it is player type that he targets that will determine his future here. If he wants to play a Barcelona style possession football, targeting the Cleverleys of the world is just taking the wee. Makes him look clueless.
Find Continental/Latin gems that have grown up with, and can play your system, comfortably.

I don't mind if they are young and need a few years to develop. Am happy to give him time if I can see the plan. But to bring in British Cleverley/McGeady/Wigan FC types is, as I said above, taking a wee on all of us and warrants an el sacko of the el jobo... lo siento

The inevitability of Clevery sends me into despair. Every single Evertonian/football fan can see how little he's going to offer. Even on a free it's not worth it because it'll send the team backwards.

The inevitability of Clevery sends me into despair. Every single Evertonian/football fan can see how little he's going to offer. Even on a free it's not worth it because it'll send the team backwards.
Cleverley amongst 3 or 4 suitable types I may be able to digest. Just maybe. 3 or 4 Cleverley types and he has lost me.

Everton!

h_00350510.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back