Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it is player type that he targets that will determine his future here. If he wants to play a Barcelona style possession football, targeting the Cleverleys of the world is just taking the wee. Makes him look clueless.
Find Continental/Latin gems that have grown up with, and can play your system, comfortably.

I don't mind if they are young and need a few years to develop. Am happy to give him time if I can see the plan. But to bring in British Cleverley/McGeady/Wigan FC types is, as I said above, taking a wee on all of us and warrants an el sacko of the el jobo... lo siento

I agree with most of your post mate. Its clearing out the crap players and bringing in good quality to mix it with youth. There's no point in getting players of " let's say over Some age levels" like we did..... For there " experience" the prem league is a good league you need good players for it. If we sign Tom cleverly you will all think Osman is messi compared to him.

I agree with most of your post mate. Its clearing out the crap players and bringing in good quality to mix it with youth. There's no point in getting players of " let's say over Some age levels" like we did..... For there " experience" the prem league is a good league you need good players for it. If we sign Tom cleverly you will all think Osman is messi compared to him.
That ain't happening...

On this point mate, why do you think that?

I know he did ok against QPR, but I don't see him being anywhere near ready for that level of responsibility.

For me his best position by far is behind Lukaku, but I hear more and more people mention playing him deeper and can't understand why.

If Ross has a dig at goal more often when in and around the 18 yard box then yes I agree, the lad can certainly strike a ball. But I see the merits of playing him further back in a 3 man midfield - with Mac and Besic minding him.
As we saw against RS, a 3 defensive midfield gives you very little options to move the ball through the pitch effectively - their back 3 had one of the easiest games this season.
Ross breaking with ball at feet would have given us a link - none of Mac/Mo or Barry offer any dynamic play in the oppo' half but of course they do a job if the team is balanced correctly.

Actually just lost all respect for martinez here. got no bottle at all. I don't care if howard has a worldly in goal dosent deserves to be playing there.

What message dose this send to Joel he might of just let every shot in for all the difference it has made to him being played over howard.

Actually just lost all respect for martinez here. got no bottle at all. I don't care if howard has a worldly in goal dosent deserves to be playing there.

What message dose this send to Joel he might of just let every shot in for all the difference it has made to him being played over howard.

It's not just the message it sends to Joel, it's a message that he will shoe in anyone who gave him a decent performance last season. That will explain the loyalty to Barry this season and the continued usage of Jags and Distin throughout the start of the season when it was obvious both needed dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back