Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a double edged sword really, I've been calling for him to adopt a more considered approach in the hope it picks us up more points (and it has), but it's demoralising to see us revert to type and become 'plucky Everton' again.

You can see the lack of belief there tonight, how many of those players genuinely believed we could win/get something from the game? Yeah, we were competitive but deep down you knew we wouldn't get anything, just like we were under Moyes.

Two goals conceded in the last five PL games.

Excellent turnaround.

Just need to get the goals flying in again now.

It's a double edged sword really, I've been calling for him to adopt a more considered approach in the hope it picks us up more points (and it has), but it's demoralising to see us revert to type and become 'plucky Everton' again.

You can see the lack of belief there tonight, how many of those players genuinely believed we could win/get something from the game? Yeah, we were competitive but deep down you knew we wouldn't get anything, just like we were under Moyes.

How can you even claim to know the inner thoughts and attitudes of our players on the pitch? The boys gave an excellent effort and work rate defensively and created a couple very good chances.You do realize Mourinho has lost all of one game at Stamford Bridge ever? I think we were very unlucky to not make it his second.

How can you even claim to know the inner thoughts and attitudes of our players on the pitch? The boys gave an excellent effort and work rate defensively and created a couple very good chances.You do realize Mourinho has lost all of one game at Stamford Bridge ever? I think we were very unlucky to not make it his second.

We're a decent team, we should be giving everybody in the league something to think about when we play them so I wouldn't necessarily class our performance tonight as any sort of achievement.

Point taken though, there's about 6 teams in the league we will hardly ever beat on their ground. It's just a shame to see last season's optimism evaporate so quickly. From thinking we can get at these teams and beat them we've not gone back to praising excellent effort and being unlucky.

Two goals conceded in the last five PL games.

Excellent turnaround.

Just need to get the goals flying in again now.
Yep excellent turn around in deed, cannot understand why everyone's not doing cartwheels. From champions league contenders to plucky little Everton again in less than a season.

Bit snide to start wheeling out the 'X wins in X games' stats after that.

We nearly got a point against the probable champions, at their own ground, that we've lost at in 11 out of the last 20 years. Against a team that put 6 past us earlier in the season too.

Not saying I'm happy or content, but there's a time and a place to be fuming about shitness stats, and after a game where we were unlucky to get a point against a really good side isn't it.

good to see him raising the point about chelsea influencing the ref. he didn't have a bad game (by his standards anyway) he did make a couple of abysmal decisions, but he's not the reason we lost. but why do chelsea feel the need to all rush over him to get barry sent off? he was going to send him off anyway? it was a clear as day second yellow, it was not needed. why don't they wait until he makes the decision, if he doesn't pull out the second yellow then fair enough he probably deserves to be surrounded and asked serious questions. but it was so disgusting, why don't refs grow a back bone and decide not to get the yellow out and tell them to get on with their own job?

some spineless people doing that job honestly. not one player got booked for harrasing him telling him how to do his job, yet mccarthy got booked? wtf for i have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back