Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of disgruntled plotters on here.

Settle down lads, you lost. Martinez has us playing again and has the support of the vast majority.

I'll do another pie chart if you like?

We're just too easy to play against. The poor teams sit back and know that a solid defensive shift will see them get a point and the better teams pin us back until the pressure finally tells.

Best chance we have of picking up points right now are against the teams who aren't dreadful away from home. They'll at least look to venture forward leaving a few gaps for us to exploit at the back.

we need to play more teams in form tbh

There's a lot of disgruntled plotters on here.

Settle down lads, you lost. Martinez has us playing again and has the support of the vast majority.

I'll do another pie chart if you like?

We've overcame the Stoke/Hull horror shows, don't think we'll see any more performances like that this season.

Couple of wins wouldn't go a miss though.

I have not been a big supporter of Martinez , but I cant criticise him for the defensive style of late as when you are leaking goals like a sieve you have to sort the defence out first and foremost and at least we seem to have done that. To be honest I had serious concerns whether he was able to do that.
It wasnt pretty but we tried to go gung ho against Chelsea at home and got murdered for it.He is on a learning curve and provided he can keep learning by his mistakes he could still become the manager we want him to be.

What does he have us playing?

1 defeat in 5 PL games, so I suppose he has us playing very securely....three of those five games against City, Liverpool and Chelsea, btw.

Very good run. Just a shame the cup weekend is coming up and we can't get at Leicester until after that.

I mean everyone worrying about relegation can relax, it was never going to happen and we're proving that. Shows once for all there was never any reason to change manager mid season , it shouldn't and wasn't ever an option.

But still Bobby was meant to be different, he was meant to go for it away to the top teams and at home in derbies and this dire defensive stuff is just saddening to me.

I was really hoping our form would click back on without having to change our style like this. I want bobby to be the stubborn only playd one way everyuone accuses him of being. Because if this pseudo moyes stuff is around long term it would just make me so sad.

i just hope it's due to us being so turd that relegation was playing on his mind, he certainly doesn't want to go through that again so was willing to neglect all our attacking instinct and focus on not losing, because our defence can't be trusted, and well it can't. big summer for him, distin and alcaraz out of contract? he needs to ship that fraud of a keeper back off to the US and drop barry from the starting XI for next season.

i like to think the martinez of last season wouldn't have hesitated in playing besic over barry and would have given players like browning instead of distin, i just have no idea what he's been doing this season. it seems he can't trust some of the defensive players this season, but the ones that have been letting him down are the ones who he's shown the most allegiance too. i'd do anything for howard and barry to be injured for the season, it must be said.

i was much prouder and happier after our 3-6 defeat to chelsea than tonight.

We've overcame the Stoke/Hull horror shows, don't think we'll see any more performances like that this season.

Couple of wins wouldn't go a miss though.

Yeah, we got out of the bad patch anmd are back to merely avaerage.

Which a lot of people thoiught he couldn't do, so well done Bobby there.

I just wish he could have done it without sacrificing any attempt to get forward. I thought he'd be able to, if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back