Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand this. Well, actually I can, but I can't.

Yeah, we're having a crap season.
Yeah, some people don't like Martinez and want him gone.
Yeah, there's some crap decisions been made, on and off the pitch, transfer policy, team selection, basically everything you could moan at a manager about.

So I get why people are annoyed.

But as of late, after a relegation-form December, our form has been much improved.

Our much maligned defence has conceded just 2 goals in the last 5 league games, despite playing the top 2 teams in the country and another top 7 team.

We were unlucky tonight. It was a good solid defensive performance against one of the most dangerous sides in Europe.

A spawny winner a minute from time stopped us getting a deserved point.

There are plenty of times to moan about Martinez and EFC, and rightly so at times, but tonight really isn't one of them.

There was no choice but to take the present dose of medicine in order to arrest the slide, and it appears to be curing the goals conceded issue which was the prevailing illness.

Whether or not we will ever get back to the heights of last season is another question entirely.

I can't understand this. Well, actually I can, but I can't.

Yeah, we're having a crap season.
Yeah, some people don't like Martinez and want him gone.
Yeah, there's some crap decisions been made, on and off the pitch, transfer policy, team selection, basically everything you could moan at a manager about.

So I get why people are annoyed.

But as of late, after a relegation-form December, our form has been much improved.

Our much maligned defence has conceded just 2 goals in the last 5 league games, despite playing the top 2 teams in the country and another top 7 team.

We were unlucky tonight. It was a good solid defensive performance against one of the most dangerous sides in Europe.

A spawny winner a minute from time stopped us getting a deserved point.

There are plenty of times to moan about Martinez and EFC, and rightly so at times, but tonight really isn't one of them.
They're jumping up and down like spoilt kids screaming because they know they and their small band of refuseniks want.

It's comical.

Last edited:
Yeah, we need to get the three against Lecicester to settle the faint hearts down.

not just the faint hearts, Dave......all of us Robertonians as well.

We need to see our team winning again to confirm the upturn is for real and the last five games have not been a dead cat bounce....;)

Yeah, we got out of the bad patch anmd are back to merely avaerage.

Which a lot of people thoiught he couldn't do, so well done Bobby there.

I just wish he could have done it without sacrificing any attempt to get forward. I thought he'd be able to, if I'm honest.

he's still young and learning like, some need to remember that, we can use the excuse for players like lukaku and rightly do the same for martinez. i wasn't sure if he would be happy to neglect his playing style, but rom has looked more dangerous lately and the players are getting a bit more confidence. we were cracking going forward at the start of the season, think we scored at least 2 in our first 5 or 6 games, let's hope that returns sooner rather than later.

Imagine what this place will be like if we get knocked out in the next round of the Europa League- God help Bobby
It settles down soon though mate.

The pattern on here is that 15 or so dissidents kick off, then after about two hours or so the vast majority weigh in with their reasoned opinions and the dissidents skulk away empty handed.

It's getting to be a tradition. And I like tradition.:coffee:

But we're not in a relegation fight. Every other manager would be sacked for it and with this squad drives me insane. and as for a bad run of results Weres ya proof? Paul lambert yes they are in a worse position but still. He's been sacked

'Every other manager would be sacked for it'.

Leicester, Burnley, QPR (Redknapp resigned through ill health), Hull and Sunderland are all below us and none of them have sacked their manager.

Villa have been terrible for 4 and 1/2 years and have only scored 12 goals all season. That's why their manager has been sacked.

People really need to stop exaggerating stuff.

We're having a bad season by our recent standards, but the past 6 weeks have shown signs of improvement.

not just the faint hearts, Dave......all of us Robertonians as well.

We need to see our team winning again to confirm the upturn is for real and the last five games have not been a dead cat bounce....;)

Don't worry mate, Robertonains will be rewarded for their loyalty to the gaffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back