Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's made many mistakes has roberto this season. He's still making them now which is a bit worrying but Let's not forget tho, this is his first proper big job. Results matter more than style when push come to shove at a club like everton.

Let's hope our young manager has learned many lessons this season. Let's hope long term, he needed to go threw this in order to become a better manager. A more varied manager. And hopefully long term a succesfull manager!

One thing for sure. IF he hasn't learned any lessons this season...Then I don't expect him getting past January next season.

In a nothing to lose, game of their lives knock out match.

We're that low on confidence trying to find our next point it's not surprising. Totally different games, let's not compare apples with bananas.

It doesn't matter.....a third tier team went there and scored four goals.

It should not be beyond Everton to go there and score.

Indeed we should have scored when Lukaku was presented with a gaping goal to aim at.

the 2 italian clubs should be pretty strong. Roma only marginally went out the CL and the waiter of Napoli knows how to get results in Europe. Other than that, there's no real standouts no

i know we've looked great in europe this season, just hope people don't use a possible knockout to have a go at martinez because they've bigged us up for the win. I mean probably most of the teams left in have had better seasons than us up to now

As if we're beating Sevilla and Villareal. The people who think we're going to win something are just blissfully ignorant about teams they've seen hardly anything of.

We're not playing well, we'll come up against established European outfits and come unstuck. There's no sound logic behind thinking we'll go far in the Europa League other than the fan bias of "it must be our year".

As if we're beating Sevilla and Villareal. The people who think we're going to win something are just blissfully ignorant about teams they've seen hardly anything of.

We're not playing well, we'll come up against established European outfits and come unstuck. There's no sound logic behind thinking we'll go far in the Europa League other than the fan bias of "it must be our year".

Wolfsburg are in there as well.

He's made many mistakes has roberto this season. He's still making them now which is a bit worrying but Let's not forget tho, this is his first proper big job. Results matter more than style when push come to shove at a club like everton.

Let's hope our young manager has learned many lessons this season. Let's hope long term, he needed to go threw this in order to become a better manager. A more varied manager. And hopefully long term a succesfull manager!

One thing for sure. IF he hasn't learned any lessons this season...Then I don't expect him getting past January next season.
What is that even supposed to mean, what makes it proper big?

Pea shooter to a gun fight the last few games. Even Royles dogs of war showed 10 times the ambition than any of the recent bus parking excersises. He's lost the dressing room as well as you could see when Lukaku started shouting in his face towards the end of the match.

He has tightened up the defence but now we are worse going forward.
Its a mess we should never be in.
2 wins out of 16 games is shocking with these players and the next few games are massive starting with Leicester.
Lets just hope he gets a balance because 1 goal in 4 premier league games is not helping our current situation

He's gone from one extreme to another.

But, it needed to be done, the conceding of goals and loosing games that should no be lost needed to be stopped.

The season is over, he just needs to limp a cross the finish line, and if he's lucky put a little 5/6/7 game unbeaten run together.

It's been a disgusting season, from pre season all the way through, and the form of 2 wins in 15 is not acceptable for any team, never mind with a team we have

Big mistake was to drop an inform keeper last night irrespective of what TH did last night - sends out the wrong message to all the players!

It was harsh on Robles. I don't think Howard should be back in this easily either. But it's undeniable he played well. It was justified on that basis, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back