Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez needs to clear out a lot of deadwood in the summer, but can the club afford to buy in replacements ? Distin, Alcaraz, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Gibson all need to be moved on as they're either not good enough or always injured. So could we clear all these players out in 1 transfer window ?

It was harsh on Robles. I don't think Howard should be back in this easily either. But it's undeniable he played well. It was justified on that basis, I suppose.
I wasn't too impressed with Howard for the goal. I know it deflected, but there wasn't a great deal of pace on the ball.

Far too much deference shown to the old guard for my liking. You'd think there was a dressing room full of decorated champions here.

Some people seem to think that our attacking threat has been nullified as a consequence of our defence improving, but our attack has been absolutely woeful for a long time now, long before the defence sorted itself out. Our attacking play has been woeful for months now, and it isn't a consequence of having a good defence, it's just a symptom of Martinez' woeful management.

Robles is a better keeper than Howard, imo. Howard's kicking and distribution is pish poor, and it will cost us more goals if we continue with him.

Martinez is going to take us back to bottom half finishes, with football that is far more negative than anything Moyes put forward. He will be afforded a couple more years in his project of regression, all because he complimented the club with a few chat up lines that made the fans blush when he first came here.

The football is appalling, and it's down to the manager.

Some people seem to think that our attacking threat has been nullified as a consequence of our defence improving, but our attack has been absolutely woeful for a long time now, long before the defence sorted itself out. Our attacking play has been woeful for months now, and it isn't a consequence of having a good defence, it's just a symptom of Martinez' woeful management.

Robles is a better keeper than Howard, imo. Howard's kicking and distribution is pish poor, and it will cost us more goals if we continue with him.

Visit my Martinez thread, potential WW3 material there ;)

Martinez is going to take us back to bottom half finishes, with football that is far more negative than anything Moyes put forward. He will be afforded a couple more years in his project of regression, all because he complimented the club with a few chat up lines that made the fans blush when he first came here.

The football is appalling, and it's down to the manager.

Martinez needs to clear out a lot of deadwood in the summer, but can the club afford to buy in replacements ? Distin, Alcaraz, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Gibson all need to be moved on as they're either not good enough or always injured. So could we clear all these players out in 1 transfer window ?

Everton have never been wealthier than what they are right now, and getting rid of the crap that you have mentioned is likely to save us in the region of 250k a week on wages. So we should have loads of money available for squad improvement.

Too many people seem to be 'happy' that we will get to the 40pt. mark even, if they are not too sure which game in April ( or may ) it will be.
It doesn't look likely now that Martinez will be sacked.
Lame Duck Season is where we are at now

How many of last seasons record season tickets will renew eh Bill

It will need a decent start next or a Europa win to buy him more time.
But even with a Europa win, and average of 1.1ishPts. per game by the end of Sept...Heads SHOULD roll

People are happy for the 40pt mark because they believe that means we wont be relegated. Pretty simple

It's common amounst most clubs to do this, with the exception of Chelsea and maybe Utd (although I doubt it there). The number 1 choice was picked because he's clearly the better option when he's fit and available, it's the life of a stand in goalkeeper and Robles will know this.

It's been this way for ever thus.
I agree that most clubs will always bring back there number one goalkeeper when fit but in our case I think it was different. Howard has been piss poor for most of his time at the club and especially this season,he should have been dropped before he was injured and for me could have done a lot better for the winner last night it was a goal typical of the goals he has conceded throughout his time with us.
When he got injured I thought our priority was a goalkeeper in the transfer window but Robles has really stepped up to the plate and certainly earned the shirt ,I would still look for another keeper in the summer but it would be Howard he would replace not Robles who must now be questioning his future.

It is far too easy to say clear out the deadwood in summer, time and again people come out with this. Think how can we move these players on? Most have contracts past next season, the only way players can be moved is if another club is interested in signing them. Looking at the players you mention what club will be after them? The only other way is tom pay them off and we cannot afford that so back to your point how can RM clear out the deadwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back