Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else mute or switch off when he starts talking now? I for one spend thousands supporting and following this football club but when it goes to him i just cannot listen. Like im sure people have said earlier in this post its as if he has 10 sentences and he just shuffles them up each time. He has a deluded passion for playing certain players, and even so, playing them out of position.

yes but is that because the League is more even this year due to the TV money allowing teams to get better players?

Wouldn't say so. I think its more down to 2 teams - us and the RS - being below par and no one really pushing the top 5 clubs like last season.

You've got United coasting into 3rd/4th. Spurs being Spurs. RS being there about without any real threat. West Ham are West Ham.

Only Saints are the surprise package, but they won't be really giving Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United much of a scare by March IMO.

I think last night was fine, he obviously learned from the last game against Chelsea and his team/tactics got us a ballhair away from taking a point, could have nicked 3 if rom had scored. Definitely against the weaker teams (ie. West brom at home) we should be scoring goals, but last night if we opened up then we would have conceded 3 or 4. We need goals against Leicester tho for sure

Actually I think we were ok yesterday just unlucky not to get a draw.

We won't relegate but 12th is bad enough. I don't know what can we do in the summer. I think he deserves to stay until the end of season.

Everton played well last night, chelsea are the best in the league with possibly the best manager too. Mourinho's side have what the likes of city and united dont - a dirty streak. Every foul was a yellow card, because chelsea players said so. I would love for us to be more aggressive in the same manner because this Mr Nice Guy Everton approach does not swing in our favour, mccarthy and Naismith are the only two i know of that got at chelsea's players in this way (especially leading upto the goal). I would give my left bollock to see duncan ferguson or Tim Cahill play last night, Ivanovic would still be asleep now.

Martinez had the chance to take barry off (should not of played the last 6 games anyway) and drop barkley in the midfield and play Mirallas, the catalan clown doesnt understand that you can change a formation to adapt to the game. I cannot wait to see him sacked before anybody else joins Mirallas, Eto'o, maybe garbutt, distin and mccarthy in seeing the man for the fraud that he is.

Cue the Martinez fanboy brigade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think we were ok yesterday just unlucky not to get a draw.

We won't relegate but 12th is bad enough. I don't know what can we do in the summer. I think he deserves to stay until the end of season.
Relegation is a threat we have scored 1 ngoal in 4 and won 2 games in 16.
We are also not settled on a style of play .

Relegation is a threat we have scored 1 ngoal in 4 and won 2 games in 16.
We are also not settled on a style of play .

Mate we have 13 games left. Say we get a point each we will end up having 40 points. It doesn't mean I accept this. This is dreadful result. I am still unsure on Martinez because I expect getting a Europa position place at least given the squad we have.

Mate we have 13 games left. Say we get a point each we will end up having 40 points. It doesn't mean I accept this. This is dreadful result. I am still unsure on Martinez because I expect getting a Europa position place at least given the squad we have.
We have 13 games left but we are not winning.
We are in a fight and 2 wins in 16 games is worrying.
We have scored 1 goal in 4 games and while we are not conceding at the moment we are hardly creating anything.
There are 8 or 9 teams that could go down and we are in that mix

Too many people seem to be 'happy' that we will get to the 40pt. mark even, if they are not too sure which game in April ( or may ) it will be.
It doesn't look likely now that Martinez will be sacked.
Lame Duck Season is where we are at now

How many of last seasons record season tickets will renew eh Bill

It will need a decent start next or a Europa win to buy him more time.
But even with a Europa win, and average of 1.1ishPts. per game by the end of Sept...Heads SHOULD roll

Big mistake was to drop an inform keeper last night irrespective of what TH did last night - sends out the wrong message to all the players!

It's common amounst most clubs to do this, with the exception of Chelsea and maybe Utd (although I doubt it there). The number 1 choice was picked because he's clearly the better option when he's fit and available, it's the life of a stand in goalkeeper and Robles will know this.

It's been this way for ever thus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back