Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
An attempt at naming them:

Back row.....Barnett, West, Rankin

Middle row.....I can't remember the wee trainer's name, Hurdt, Royle, Labone, Kenyon, Brown, Kendall, Harry.

Front row....Whittle, Morrisey, Newton, Husband, Jackson, Wright, Ball, Harvey

Three of those lads went on to manage the club.

Wilf Dixon I think it was.

Roger Kenyon looks like should have been a Blue Peter presenter.

And I'm nearly sure Alan Whittle played in a 70s prog rock band.

We really should set up the same as arsenal do.

4-3-3 with just the one holding Midfielder, 2 actual proper wingers either side of a main striker, and attacking full backs!!

Would need another quality CM come summer but we have the players to suit it as much if not more than our current system.

I'd have McCarthy as the holding cm, then barkley and 1 other (new signing ideally as the other 2 midfielders. Would work better I'm sure. Especially for home games against lesser opp

I do not think a lack of creativity has been an issue this season, although I do concede that were Steven Naismith injured, we might have concerns in this department. Apropos of this, it might be wise to buy an Arteta-like player who can learn from Naisy in the event of our Scottish Messi getting injured...or, even worse, being lured to the bright lights of Madrid or Barcelona

I do not think a lack of creativity has been an issue this season, although I do concede that were Steven Naismith injured, we might have concerns in this department. Apropos of this, it might be wise to buy an Arteta-like player who can learn from Naisy in the event of our Scottish Messi getting injured...or, even worse, being lured to the bright lights of Madrid or Barcelona

lollollol

Brightens my day do these posts!

Who is wearing this

Martinez_2753378b_edited-1.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back