Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been in this thread in 542 pages but now I find myself questioning Martinez.

We just need to take a long hard look at the facts and games won in he last however many games and to be honest, I would not be sad to see him go. Having said that. Bill being Bill wont get rid of him as he will think back to Moyes bad season and think Martinez is in a similar situation, but he needs to understand the difference in the squads.

If we don't win he Europa or at least get to the final I think he should go.

Get this season over with and part ways, if we win the Europa league I'd still seriously consider getting shut, but let's be honest we're not going to win it so its a moot point

Not sure who we can get in to replace him though

Of course Bobby Martinez is ultimately responsible for the shambles of this season but what is glaringly obvious is the lack of football intelligence on the field from the players in their crucial decision making. All our attacking players with the exception of Naismith are constant offenders. We stray offside with ease; we don't thread the right ball; our free-kicks and corners go awry; When the opposition come to Goodison, they allow us to pass the ball harmlessly in front of us and then close us down when we seek to penetrate their ranks. Barkley, Atsu, McCeady, Lukaku, Lennon, Mirallas are all headless chickens, our defence is no longer resolute and Howard is now so shockingly inconsistent. I don't think Martinez should be replaced but he needs to seriously look at a new approach, because the current one has failed. It may have worked last year, but his approach should have evolved and thrived in preparation for this season because it was obvious that his counterparts will want to suss him out.

Of course Bobby Martinez is ultimately responsible for the shambles of this season but what is glaringly obvious is the lack of football intelligence on the field from the players in their crucial decision making. All our attacking players with the exception of Naismith are constant offenders. We stray offside with ease; we don't thread the right ball; our free-kicks and corners go awry; When the opposition come to Goodison, they allow us to pass the ball harmlessly in front of us and then close us down when we seek to penetrate their ranks. Barkley, Atsu, McCeady, Lukaku, Lennon, Mirallas are all headless chickens, our defence is no longer resolute and Howard is now so shockingly inconsistent. I don't think Martinez should be replaced but he needs to seriously look at a new approach, because the current one has failed. It may have worked last year, but his approach should have evolved and thrived in preparation for this season because it was obvious that his counterparts will want to suss him out.

One should ask what the hack do they do at FF in preparation for a game?

Martinez is simply not good enough, I never wanted him in the first place and nothing's changed. He's not a strong enough character to make big decisions. He'd make a half decent manager in Europe cause of the way he wants his team to play but not in our league. God knows what they do on the training ground. As for throw ins I dread us getting one cause it always puts us back under pressure, cause the opposition always get the ball from our bloody throw ins. I could go on and on but I can't be arsed. Watching that today was quite simply mind numbing and as for the first half, I wish I'd have told her I was staying in to clean the grout in the bathroom. We're getting worse instead of better.

Martinez is simply not good enough, I never wanted him in the first place and nothing's changed. He's not a strong enough character to make big decisions. He'd make a half decent manager in Europe cause of the way he wants his team to play but not in our league. God knows what they do on the training ground. As for throw ins I dread us getting one cause it always puts us back under pressure, cause the opposition always get the ball from our bloody throw ins. I could go on and on but I can't be arsed. Watching that today was quite simply mind numbing and as for the first half, I wish I'd have told her I was staying in to clean the grout in the bathroom. We're getting worse instead of better.
Throw ins are as bad as corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back