Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every cloud has a silver lining though. The second season syndrome (and bad weather tbf) which has affected this season has probably deferred Barca coming for Bobby straight away. That eventuality/inevitability was a concern for all of us. Hopefully, we can keep hold of our young talented manager for an extra season or two. But ultimately, Barca will come knocking.
At the moment Morecombe are knocking...can we keep them away ?

We were very incisive against Leicester, the problem was finishing, not creating chances.

Agree the attacking play is pretty good. Yes we lack a clinical finisher, but the chances are being created and thats all you can ask for. The problem is at the other end where we get cut to ribbons.

Leicester City, came to Goodison, and sliced through the defence umpteen times. If Nugent wasn't so bog standard and could actually control the ball he'd have been clean through on goal twice. It's not so much just the back four that's at fault, it's the entire team set up as there is no protection in front of the defence. It's a cavalier set up by a cavalier tactically naive manager whose teams have never been able to defend. Having said all this, its exciting to watch in that the games are back and forth, you attack we attack you attack etc etc.. and I'd take these faults over the better defensive (but boring) Davy Moyes teams.

Agree the attacking play is pretty good. Yes we lack a clinical finisher, but the chances are being created and thats all you can ask for. The problem is at the other end where we get cut to ribbons.

Leicester City, came to Goodison, and sliced through the defence umpteen times. If Nugent wasn't so bog standard and could actually control the ball he'd have been clean through on goal twice. It's not so much just the back four that's at fault, it's the entire team set up as there is no protection in front of the defence. It's a cavalier set up by a cavalier tactically naive manager whose teams have never been able to defend. Having said all this, its exciting to watch in that the games are back and forth, you attack we attack you attack etc etc.. and I'd take these faults over the better defensive (but boring) Davy Moyes teams.

lol...do one...I am adding to your negative reputation, cause I'm that sort of negga...you clearly know nothing about the game...no protection for the defense...LOL! Just two boss CDM's started this game...you're either a troll or an ignorant football fan. Either way, I'm happy to neg you.

...no protection for the defense...LOL! Just two boss CDM's started this game..

If only football was so simple..."yer let's stick two bodies in holding midfield, that's sure to prevent the opposition attack from having a field day". You've been reading RM's tactical notes havent you?

Being defensively sound and protecting the back four is a tad more nuanced than that. And if it were just sticking two bodies in there, it is contradicted by the big gaping holes in front of the back four that teams exploit every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back