Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RM will fail ever time with some on here

If his team fails on the pitch, all you will here is the Moyes followers calling for his head

If his team succeeds on the pitch, all you will hear is he had the money and Moyes would of done better if given the money

If his team exceeds on the pitch and he then leaves for a bigger club, all you will hear was he wasn't as faithful as Moyes

The problem I see is people will want Everton to fail so they can say 'told you so'

Where were all these comments this time last year? The fact that such comments were non-existent last year indicates that your above post is nonsense.

Is it not possible, that the type of comments that you speak about are now being made because of the boring, negative, ineffective tripe served up by Martinez? And not because people are so in love with David Moyes that they are more concerned with protecting his reputation than they are with the performance of Everton? As if.

It's the other way around for me. Some people are so in love with Martinez that they are incapable of recognising how much of a major gobshite the man is. You will defend him to the hilt, even when faced with evidence to the contrary. Many were the same, but not as bad, when Moyes was here.

He didn't get sacked in a taxi. Moores sacked him in the Grosvenor Hotel in that there London...to be exact.

And that's very dismissive of Carey. He provided the foundations for the success of the 60s. I don't call that leaving no mark.

Martinez needs a few seasons more to stamp out the agriculturalism that the dour Scots Smith and Moyes shackled us with. If he does that and nothing much else it'll all have been worth it. His historic mission: to recapture what it is to be an Evertonian and have a team that plays the right way.

Whilst winning games.

I just added the 3 words you forgot at the end Dave.

You can thank me later.

Where were all these comments this time last year? The fact that such comments were non-existent last year indicates that your above post is nonsense.

Is it not possible, that the type of comments that you speak about are now being made because of the boring, negative, ineffective tripe served up by Martinez? And not because people are so in love with David Moyes that they are more concerned with protecting his reputation than they are with the performance of Everton? As if.

It's the other way around for me. Some people are so in love with Martinez that they are incapable of recognising how much of a major gobshite the man is. You will defend him to the hilt, even when faced with evidence to the contrary. Many were the same, but not as bad, when Moyes was here.
Read through some of my posts and you will see I have made reference to some of his failings and his tactics, it is what I call being balanced
My view is people like you and others lay low when we done well, but as soon as his standards slipped you were laying in wait to condemn.
Reality is you never wanted him...

LOL @ Moyes>Martinez
Moyes > Martinez.

ape-human.png

21 wins out of 38 games...he knows how to get wins, no question.

Working on the foundations provided by Moyes where positive attitude and new manager bounce combined, sure.

But a season later when he's closer to making the squad his own : 12 wins from 38 and a team who plays the right way.

We'll be lucky to hit double figures for wins next season. But buy will we pass it a lot in the greatest traditions of Everton Football Club.

Apart from the times that club was winning things. And finishing 4th.

Read through some of my posts and you will see I have made reference to some of his failings and his tactics, it is what I call being balanced
My view is people like you and others lay low when we done well, but as soon as his standards slipped you were laying in wait to condemn.
Reality is you never wanted him...

So I don't vilify him when he is doing OK, but I do vilify him when he is stinking the place out? That seems like a pretty normal, and indeed a balanced reaction to me. The alternative would be to constantly vilify him or constantly praise him, which is a totally stupid position to take imo, and it is also a position that has no 'balance'.

If he has Everton return to the form of 2013/14, then that's great, the vilification will stop. What I won't do, is make out as if Everton have never finished 5th before, or pretend that finishing 5th is better than finishing 4th, because it isn't and it never will be.

Last edited:

So I don't vilify him when he is doing OK, but I do vilify him when he is stinking the place out? That seems like a pretty normal, and indeed a balanced reaction to me. The alternative would be to constantly vilify him or constantly praise him, which is a totally stupid position to take imo, and it is also a position that has no 'balance'.

If he has Everton return to the form of 2013/14, then that's great, the vilification will stop. What I won't do, is make out as if Everton have never finished 5th before, or pretend that finishing 5th is better than finishing 4th, because it isn't and it never will be.
My point is have constructive criticism, not swinging from love him to hate him.
As for pretending 5th is better than 4th, little lost with that comment as surely simple common sense tells you 4th is the better position.
I will say though if you have expectations of finishing 4th or even 5th you may need to reevaluate. I count 6 teams who outspend us and have far bigger squads than us, so are far better equipped to finish above us. I am not being a defeatist here, but everything has to go our way and teams above us need to have a poor season.
I guess though you will spout how we should finish 4th or 5th so you can beat RM with that stick you all carry, as stated you don't like him so you will find any opportunity to pull him to pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back