Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's unfair to expect positive results. His first season we flew. His second has shown weaknesses in the armour. It's up to him to prove capable of addressing that.

The longer the results don't come, the harder it is to keep a solid squad together and attract new blood. If he cannot show growth for the future, then two seasons ago becomes ancient history to every player under contract, and every player looking to sign. Then we're back at square one, regardless of his initial success.

But you know this, and I am typing in an echo chamber. XOXO.
I understand your point and agree.

So the tone that should be adopted is that we have a manager who is capable of doing good things with us but has also shown frailties. From that, respect should be in order too. It's not for a few demented posters who cant and wont give this manager a chance. People who want Pulis or Alardyce... to get us back to the Moyes style of hoofball...that's how demented they are.

As said: respect is due. This is a man doing his best for Everton.

You must have bumped your head and forgotten the previous season.

No, I haven't forgotten it. The point is that some have conveniently forgotten the football of season one.

Thanks form your intervention, illuminating and erudite as ever.

No, I haven't forgotten it. The point is that some have conveniently forgotten the football of season one.

Thanks form your intervention, illuminating and erudite as ever.

Your talk of "agricultural football" as if Moyes had us playing like a pub team is a ridiculous portrayal, just like it is saying that Martinez has us playing "proper football" by comparison.

The football we played in Moyes' last couple of years was far better overall than the absolute rubbish we had to watch this season.

The hypocrisy of you talking about 'plotters' when totally skewing the reality of Moyes' tenure is embarrassing.

Last edited:

That's like using a nuke to kill a rat infestation. @davek will sort it. Trench warfare style

Are you placing yourself a rung above Davek? Lad...

I suspect the Plotters have irrevocably drawn their lines and nothing short of a top 4 finish will appease them, if even. It's a shame, because an overarching negativity can creep into a team's performance just as much as a feeling of progress and momentum. I'm glad we have such a difficult fixture list to start out with, take one or two big scalps early on and we might get some change out of our murmuring, restless audience.

Your talk of "agricultural football" as if Moyes had us playing like a pub team is a ridiculous portrayal, just like it is saying that Martinez has us playing "proper football" by comparison.

The football we played in Moyes' last couple of years was far better overall than the absolute rubbish we had to watch this season.

The hypocrisy of you talking about 'plotters' when totally skewing the reality of Moyes' tenure is embarrassing.

You have no idea what constitutes good football. You're a child of Moyes. Anyone growing up thinking that is the right way to play football needs re-educating.

What Moyes brought was safe, by the numbers, no frills 'football'. Only on a handful of occasions was that ever dropped as an approach.

Even in Martinez's worst moments here he's tried to get us playing football, on the ground and to feet and playing in a way that befits the traditions of this club.

Read some history books sonny Jim, you might learn something.

Are you placing yourself a rung above Davek? Lad...
I suspect the Plotters have irrevocably drawn their lines and nothing short of a top 4 finish will appease them, if even. It's a shame, because an overarching negativity can creep into a team's performance just as much as a feeling of progress and momentum. I'm glad we have such a difficult fixture list to start out with, take one or two big scalps early on and we might get some change out of our murmuring, restless audience.

I'm afraid not mate. Some of the usual suspects only live to hate. They've got Martinez in their sights and find value in their own lives only be pillorying the man.

It's very sad, but there we go.

You have no idea what constitutes good football. You're a child of Moyes. Anyone growing up thinking that is the right way to play football needs re-educating.

What Moyes brought was safe, by the numbers, no frills 'football'. Only on a handful of occasions was that ever dropped as an approach.

Even in Martinez's worst moments here he's tried to get us playing football, on the ground and to feet and playing in a way that befits the traditions of this club.

Read some history books sonny Jim, you might learn something.

I just read some. Read about all the titles Everton won by getting more points than the other teams but didn't see anything about the titles we got for playing more passes during a match.

Guess that chapter is in the new book : Roberto's first year, "The Miracle of Goodison". I'll file that on my shelf next to : David's best year "4th place".

I just read some. Read about all the titles Everton won by getting more points than the other teams but didn't see anything about the titles we got for playing more passes during a match.

Guess that chapter is in the new book : Roberto's first year, "The Miracle of Goodison". I'll file that on my shelf next to : David's best year "4th place".

Have a read of the book: 'Trophy winning managers' then let me know if Moyes' name is there alongside Martinez's.

Have a read of the book: 'Trophy winning managers' then let me know if Moyes' name is there alongside Martinez's.

Nah its not in there.
Jumps straight to McCleish, Alex.

Which is strange cause it also does that in "Gash managers who got relegated."
Moyes aint in that one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back