Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely. But the more... collusive among us are talking about him like he's a dead man walking already. I'm saying give the man a chance, and put the chins up. There's no point walking into the next season under a cloud of fume.

AS I stated earlier not sure about the Clevers signing but it may work out quite well, however if we do signup Gerri on a 3 year loan that for me is a good step. So RM may be on the right track but lets see what others come in and who goes out.

AS I stated earlier not sure about the Clevers signing but it come about quite well, however if we do signup gerri on a 3 year loan that for me is a good step. So RM may be on the right track but lets see what others come in and who goes out.

Early bit of business has been decent. Cheap, importantly. Two talented young lads who have found themselves adrift. Definitely need that playmaker and a centre-half, but the early signs are good in this window. I'm not overly enthusiastic about Cleverley, but he's not costing us a limb and I'll give anyone who puts on that jersey a chance.

Nah its not in there.
Jumps straight to McCleish, Alex.

Which is strange cause it also does that in "Gash managers who got relegated."
Moyes aint in that one either.

I don't get how Martinez getting relegated at Wigan is a massive issue. It was Wigan. They were always going to go eventually. It's not like he got relegated with a Villa or a Newcastle. The only reason they were staying up was a solid net spend under the likes of Bruce which then turned to negative net spends shortly after Martinez took over, if I remember correctly. He kept them up for three consecutive seasons which was good going. Winning a cup with them was far more of a positive in terms of managerial achievement than relegation was a negative. Overall he did very well there.

In the far future, there is only WAR. Have your feelings towards Martinez softened yet Khal?

*probes defences

I have been neutral all along, Prev.....albeit my patience was stretched to breaking point in Black December and I booed with the best of them versus Baggies at home.

But that was then....this is now.

I love the best of what he has brought to the club much more than I hate the worst he has brought.

The lowlights of last season are already parked and forgotten about.

But the memory of Gerald scoring at Arsenal....of Oviedo Baby at OT and Ross's run at the Barcodes will live on in my mind forever.

As will the demolition of United and Arsenal before my very eyes in that first season.

Happy, happy days ;)

So Bob has a clean slate for me right now and he has my 100% support.

As circumstances change so might my opinion.

But for now.......ol' Khal has that mask welded to his boat race :pint2:

That's right, he's in the other book "Managers who crashed the English Champions over the cliff in 6 months". It's a pretty slim volume, so Moyes gets a few chapters to himself.

Martinez has never done that so i'm all out of books now :(

I don't get how Martinez getting relegated at Wigan is a massive issue. It was Wigan. They were always going to go eventually. It's not like he got relegated with a Villa or a Newcastle. The only reason they were staying up was a solid net spend under the likes of Bruce which then turned to negative net spends shortly after Martinez took over, if I remember correctly. He kept them up for three consecutive seasons which was good going. Winning a cup with them was far more of a positive in terms of managerial achievement than relegation was a negative. Overall he did very well there.

So you think little Wigan should have stayed in the Prem forever and that their relegation wasn't inevitable. Okay then mate.

Hey, i'm just saying what i read in the history books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back