Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has Everton return to the form of 2013/14, then that's great, the vilification will stop. What I won't do, is make out as if Everton have never finished 5th before, or pretend that finishing 5th is better than finishing 4th, because it isn't and it never will be.

Other people will recognise that the arrival of Manchester City as one of the best funded clubs in the world has changed things at the top of the Premier League.

It's going to be very hard to break into the top four for the foreseeable future. Fifth place will be a great achievement for most clubs.

beth_1902413a.jpg

I just wanted to leave this here

At least he's doing something to address the laughable lack of cohesion between midfield and attack with Deulofeu and Cleverley (stop laughing at the back!).

However, I think his weakness in dealing with the self-styled club legends that don't thrive in a possession-based system will prevent any sort of revival next season.

The thought of another year watching Howard fills me with dread.

At least he's doing something to address the laughable lack of cohesion between midfield and attack with Deulofeu and Cleverley (stop laughing at the back!).

However, I think his weakness in dealing with the self-styled club legends that don't thrive in a possession-based system will prevent any sort of revival next season.

The thought of another year watching Howard fills me with dread.
This seems to be a fair assessment.

I don't think Roberto has done a great job wielding the stick. Howard was dire for us, Robles came in and played...respectably...Howard cam back in and was dire.

Perhaps it was down to dressing room problems related to Eto'o and Distin though and he felt he needed some senior pros like Howard on his side. At least that's my hope, and a good start next year will see him feel more in command. He's clearly got weaknesses as a manager - his complete dedication to his ideas even when they are failing miserably being one, another being his faith in players based on their past forms and reputations

However, he does seem to have strengthened our squad, especially if we sign Deufoleu, and he seems to do good work with our academy. He may not be the right manager to take us to the top, but I believe he can lay good foundations at the very least. Or, we have a Christmas like last year, and he needs to be sent packing.

Let's have some due respect for a manager who's given us our best points total in PL history and football that's worthy of being called football: on the deck without any resort to smashing it 90 foot in the air.

To listen to some of you casting the rule over him - pushing him half way out the door with your demands for 'great starts or he's gone' - you'd think he was something you'd just trodden in.

Let's have some due respect for a manager who's given us our best points total in PL history and football that's worthy of being called football: on the deck without any resort to smashing it 90 foot in the air.

To listen to some of you casting the rule over him - pushing him half way out the door with your demands for 'great starts or he's gone' - you'd think he was something you'd just trodden in.
I don't think it's unfair to expect positive results. His first season we flew. His second has shown weaknesses in the armour. It's up to him to prove capable of addressing that.

The longer the results don't come, the harder it is to keep a solid squad together and attract new blood. If he cannot show growth for the future, then two seasons ago becomes ancient history to every player under contract, and every player looking to sign. Then we're back at square one, regardless of his initial success.

But you know this, and I am typing in an echo chamber. XOXO.

You must have bumped your head and forgotten the previous season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back