Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what? When Moyes was in charge you said we shouldn't be any higher than 7-8th and that our expectations were too high.

I'm positive you're either the longest serving kopite poster on this forum or missing a few sandwiches.

Moyes NEVER had the money or the starting squad that Martinez has had!

ahhh so once or twice, maybe more or whatever during 10 different seasons, with lots of different circumstances throughout those years I've said 7/8th is where we should be. I'm pretty sure I have and that would of been correct in some of those particular seasons....!? I don't get your point?!?!

I think you've got an obsession with moyes...or me...let it go pal... He's gone....and I just think your wierd bell end!!

People are looking to this number 10 like some messiah. If we rely on a "boss" number 10 to play well then we are truely [Poor language removed].

1 Player shouldn't be the difference between playing poorly and playing well. Yes it's only preseason but I can't help being worried :(

Moyes NEVER had the money or the starting squad that Martinez has had!

ahhh so once or twice, maybe more or whatever during 10 different seasons, with lots of different circumstances throughout those years I've said 7/8th is where we should be. I'm pretty sure I have and that would of been correct in some of those particular seasons....!? I don't get your point?!?!

I think you've got an obsession with moyes...or me...let it go pal... He's gone....and I just think your wierd bell end!!

Yes he did, Martinez inherited Moyes team, in fact it's now a hinderance as they're all a couple of years older.

The money he has spent has been mainly from the sale of Fellaini, from which he bought Lukaku.

Remember when Moyes had the 30 mil from Lescott? Course you do, you're just plain ignorant. Take the Moyes poster down from your bedroom.

It's weird by the way, troll.

Yes he did, Martinez inherited Moyes team, in fact it's now a hinderance as they're all a couple of years older.

The money he has spent has been mainly from the sale of Fellaini, from which he bought Lukaku.

Remember when Moyes had the 30 mil from Lescott? Course you do, you're just plain ignorant. Take the Moyes poster down from your bedroom.

It's weird by the way, troll.

Martinez has spent 22.8m in 4 and a half windows, Moyes spent 13.6m in 22 windows.

Lescott was 24m and Bily was amazing.

This ... You could stick Maradona in there in his pomp during the Napoli years and he'd be as ineffective as a chocolate fire guard.

The system is the problem or should I say the way in which it is being deployed. The ball needs to travel back to front a lot quicker and the pressing of the opposition improved 100%

It's really not rocket science.

I hate the way we play at the moment.
Press the focking ball and win it back early ffs. why are we allowing the opponent to ping the ball until it reaches our penalty area before we do anything meaningful to win it back? This has been an issue last season and it's continuing now with no end in sight.
Press and force turnovers, not just ghosting few feet away without attempting to win the ball.
We're allowing far too much time and space.
Press higher up the pitch, win the ball further up the pitch and spare us the nightmare of watching us build up from our penalty area ffs.

Let's draw @Christiffa25 a little picture on inflation.

10 years ago players were worth a lot less. We spent ~11mil on Yakubu, who at the time was only behind Henry as the current leading goalscorer in England. He'd cost 30mil in today's market, look at Lukaku, Benteke etc.

Comparing eras is always hard, but you're badly wrong, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back