Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh tell the teacher!!!

Your a fuckimg loser mate!!

Worth the warning or the ban or whatever!! I'm off into the hot tub!!

Over and out!!

I gave you a pretty decent retort to how Martinez was doing a decent job and you've lowered yourself to this kind of stuff over the last few pages. Disgraceful.

It's amazing how much I've bought into Martinez's silver tongued ideas and promises. Every single game I expect to be the one where everything clicks and we are boss.

I still believe. Don't really know why though.

Coco needs to get tough this year, relax on starting Barry and McCarthy together every single 90 minutes, replace Howard, bench Naismith, terminate Kone's contract.

lol at the last couple of pages.

Anyway... As was said, the way Martinez has us set up playing i can only see it driving our players out of the door. Its been this way now for 12 months and its got to be frustrating the players as much as it is us the fans. He is so stuck in his ways and too stubborn to change our style that i think eventually it will drive our players away from the club.

I don't think he is a bad manager but i have wondered a couple of times how another manager would have us playing with this superb squad of players we currently have. On paper we are an excellent team, the individuals we have available.

lol at the last couple of pages.

Anyway... As was said, the way Martinez has us set up playing i can only see it driving our players out of the door. Its been this way now for 12 months and its got to be frustrating the players as much as it is us the fans. He is so stuck in his ways and too stubborn to change our style that i think eventually it will drive our players away from the club.

I don't think he is a bad manager but i have wondered a couple of times how another manager would have us playing with this superb squad of players we currently have. On paper we are an excellent team, the individuals we have available.
They're not superb mate. There's only a couple in that category, the rest are a mixture of good PL players, bog standard PL and the dire.

This belief that Martinez is wasting a golden generation is pure conceit/fantasy.

The lack of pressing is a definite concern for me

Against a Chelsea or Arsenal, then maybe there's a case for it, but against teams at our level or below, we should be constantly pressing to get the ball back. If the players aren't capable of doing that, then we need a new game plan
Pressing in that murderous heat? That approach would last about 10 minutes before someone was stretchered off wearing an oxygen mask.

They're not superb mate. There's only a couple in that category, the rest are a mixture of good PL players, bog standard PL and the dire.

This belief that Martinez is wasting a golden generation is pure conceit/fantasy.

Agreed. There are big holes in regards to attack minded players.

Agreed. There are big holes in regards to attack minded players.

(leaving aside the youngsters coming through because we have little to go on yet)

Superb = Stones, Lukaku, McCarthy, Baines
Good PL players = Coleman, Jagielka, Mirallas, Besic, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Barkley
Bog Standard = Howard, Robles, Cleverley, McGeady, Osman, Barry
Dire = Kone, Naismith, Hibbert

(leaving aside the youngsters coming through because we have little to go on yet)

Superb = Stones, Lukaku, McCarthy, Baines
Good PL players = Coleman, Jagielka, Mirallas, Besic, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Barkley
Bog Standard = Howard, Robles, Cleverley, McGeady, Osman, Barry
Dire = Kone, Naismith, Hibbert

Think I would have Osman in the dire category or borderline. I see you are not over awed by Cleverly either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back