Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you were Adversus for a moment given the amount of tosh you just posted.

It's preseason. Players aren't fully fit nor completely acclimatised due to it being early preseason.
You've also completely failed to take into consideration the 90% humidity and the impact that has in increasing perspiration and hence requiring more hydration.
To avoid dehydration they added in water breaks, as they did during the world cup.

Of course there will be perspiration and the humidity will make it difficult but it's possible to play without water break and not succumb to serious damage to the body. Certainly not to a point of getting stretcher off after 10mins of pressing like what Davek said. I can understand the need for liquid but lasting 45mins without water in an evening game under such condition is no big deal even for an amateur league player in that part of the world.

Anyway the thread is not about this, most of us want to see more pressing I'm sure you would've agreed with me.
Another thing that bothers me no end is the lack of movement. We're horribly static. We will never be where we want to be without addressing these 2 issues. Bread and butter really.

Stop being a drama queen.
Going to have to disagree with you there.
Takes a real man to admit to himself two of his purchases are rubbish and not up to standard ( actually 3 including Alcaraz), therefore move them on. A real man moves them on for the benefit of the football club he manages. A wuss keeps going into interviews treating the supporter base with disrespect telling them how good those two players are going to be this season for the club.
So who is the queen here? The Spaniard or the Greek?

Going to have to disagree with you there.
Takes a real man to admit to himself two of his purchases are rubbish and not up to standard ( actually 3 including Alcaraz), therefore move them on. A real man moves them on for the benefit of the football club he manages. A wuss keeps going into interviews treating the supporter base with disrespect telling them how good those two players are going to be this season for the club.
So who is the queen here? The Spaniard or the Greek?

LOL...drama queen

Not all Martinez' fault but for my money we currently have 4 wide players on our books (people may argue Cleverley) but for me they Pienaar, Mirallas, Deulofeu and McGeady.

When analysis those four I would say that We have another major issue here Pienaar fitness means he will rarely be avaliable, McGeady is awful, Mirallas wants out and Deulofeu is crocked at the worse time as he's gonna miss pre-season which looking back players who don't get a full pre-season rarely get going until the later part of the season.

This really is a horrible moment in our recent history from top to bottom we have a truly woeful board, either a poor manager or a deluded one who is trying to get champagne football out of Bucks Fizz players, an inept goalkeeper, 2 established CB's one of which looks to be wanting out, a totally u creative central midfield area, winger a subject ice touched upon and 1 striker as I'm not going to include Kone, because I simply don't want to.

We are goosed, this squad needs 3-5 quality first team ready additions without losing 1 single player (except McGeady an Kone)

Last time things were this depressing was when Rooney left and at that point we'd only sighed Cahill an Bent, so you never know. But I genuinely do fear for us.

Not all Martinez' fault but for my money we currently have 4 wide players on our books (people may argue Cleverley) but for me they Pienaar, Mirallas, Deulofeu and McGeady.

When analysis those four I would say that We have another major issue here Pienaar fitness means he will rarely be avaliable, McGeady is awful, Mirallas wants out and Deulofeu is crocked at the worse time as he's gonna miss pre-season which looking back players who don't get a full pre-season rarely get going until the later part of the season.

This really is a horrible moment in our recent history from top to bottom we have a truly woeful board, either a poor manager or a deluded one who is trying to get champagne football out of Bucks Fizz players, an inept goalkeeper, 2 established CB's one of which looks to be wanting out, a totally u creative central midfield area, winger a subject ice touched upon and 1 striker as I'm not going to include Kone, because I simply don't want to.

We are goosed, this squad needs 3-5 quality first team ready additions without losing 1 single player (except McGeady an Kone)

Last time things were this depressing was when Rooney left and at that point we'd only sighed Cahill an Bent, so you never know. But I genuinely do fear for us.

You're forgetting a whole-host of good players though mate

McCarthy
Jagielka
Baines
Coleman
Besic
Lukaku
Barry (NEA)

Prospects like

Galloway
Browning
Ledson
Garbutt

It's not all bad. Far from it.

McCarthy
Jagielka
Baines
Coleman
Besic
Lukaku
Barry (NEA)

Prospects like

Galloway
Browning
Ledson
Garbutt

You've just listed a load of defenders mate. I didn't mention any full back issues or problems with defensive midfield. You only listed 1 CB, that would be a risky tactic. All you have just done is say what I said but the positive way of spinning it.

McCarthy
Jagielka
Baines
Coleman
Besic
Lukaku
Barry (NEA)

Prospects like

Galloway
Browning
Ledson
Garbutt

The game is to make everything feel like the roof is falling in so they unseat the manager. These people are pathological in their hatred. At least they waited until autumn last season, this season it starts before a ball is kicked.

Frightening.

The game is to make everything feel like the roof is falling in so they unseat the manager. These people are pathological in their hatred. At least they waited until autumn last season, this season it starts before a ball is kicked.

Frightening.
Come on Dave, I said it wasn't all Martinez fault. The lack of investment is shocking. Don't turn it into that argument. Although I did notice the other day you had lowered your expectations for us this season, that's called covering all bases.

Unfortunately you've gone or are going from GOT's greatest to a parody all because you're stubborn.

Come on Dave, I said it wasn't all Martinez fault. The lack of investment is shocking. Don't turn it into that argument. Although I did notice the other day you had lowered your expectations for us this season, that's called covering all bases.

Unfortunately you've gone or are going from GOT's greatest to a parody all because you're stubborn.

This 'we're in terrible shape' narrative is a softening up exercise in preparation for any poor form to be immediately pounced upon and sold as 'we're in turmoil/a death spiral' 'he's lost it'.

The truth is that if we add our targets in the next three weeks or so we're in good shape and going to have a much better season. That's almost guaranteed because we'll be focussing on one game per week like all our non-CL rivals.

A professional physio coach with years of top level premiership experience fell out with martinez last season , martinez thought he knew better and got rid.

A professional football player with years of top level premiership experience fell out with martinez over the football tactics last season, martinez thought he knew better and got rid.

2 issues from last season , the fitness/injuries were shocking and the standard of football being played was unwatchable and unsupportable more often than not. The 2 people who were sacrificed by martinez were right.

Martinez was backed by the board financially and probably had our most talented squad at his disposal.

So for me any failure or success isnt currently down to money or players , its down to the manager , his philosophy and how he runs the team.

This 'we're in terrible shape' narrative is a softening up exercise in preparation for any poor form to be immediately pounced upon and sold as 'we're in turmoil/a death spiral' 'he's lost it'.

The truth is that if we add our targets in the next three weeks or so we're in good shape and going to have a much better season. That's almost guaranteed because we'll be focussing on one game per week like all our non-CL rivals.
If someone says were in terrible shape that for me is more of a criticism of the board than the manager so if we go in in poor shape then even I wouldn't blame Martinez for that so in not sure where your coming from here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back