Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they follow through and get these positions then Martinez does deserve credit and time to bed them in. If we don't then the board hasn't backed him by my estimation.

It has been discussed much but Everton have to be careful financially. I think he wanted to give Kone every chance to do something and even Naismith as well. The preseason has shown they do not work for the style he wants to play. Now it is time to get it done.

If he can't bring anyone in without raising money through sales, then he should stop arsing about and just get it done.

If he can't bring anyone in without raising money through sales, then he should stop arsing about and just get it done.
Out of his hands though.

You can be sure the board are trying to get an auction going for Stones' signature and they wont particularly be bothered about supplying the manager with the cash and plenty of time to spend it.

It's so obvious what these carpet baggers are up to: keep hold of the tv revenue money + keep as much of the Stones sale cash as they can.

They should have been chased out of town years ago getting beaten with sticks.

This is his sixth tfr window isnt it? He has no more excuses, the squad should be resembling more of what he wants it to be by now, with players who can actually play his system.

He's a manager with a system who shoe horns players in to it, rather than a manager trying to get the best out of the players he has available. But we knew that before he came. The squad is a mismatch of ideas, full of central midfielders and players who can't even pass water.

I'm afraid he is also ruining Barkley, he is not a wide player.

Judging by his comments- I'll wait to see what happens at the window. He seems confident that he'll be able to make additions in those crucial three areas. Centre back, midfield creator and striker are mandatory. Nothing less is needed. Hopefully he'll make the signings and they won't be of the ilk of Kone. If he does sign those three, I'll happily give him until Christmas to show he's learned from past mistakes and got the results. Key month for him really.

It's increasingly evident that he's not up to the job. There's no reasonable logic or control to what is happening at Goodison / Finch Farm. Also he doesn't have the presence or strength of carachter to co-erce the board into strengthening the team ... or the board have sussed him and don't trust him in the transfer market.

I feel that Davek's post above may well be correct.

something is amiss at Everton at the moment. Some senior club officials live near me and they seem to be not so focused for some time.

It's increasingly evident that he's not up to the job. There's no reasonable logic or control to what is happening at Goodison / Finch Farm. Also he doesn't have the presence or strength of carachter to co-erce the board into strengthening the team ... or the board have sussed him and don't trust him in the transfer market.

I feel that Davek's post above may well be correct.

something is amiss at Everton at the moment. Some senior club officials live near me and they seem to be not so focused for some time.

Because we lost 2-1 to Villareal in a pre-season friendly?

Out of his hands though.

You can be sure the board are trying to get an auction going for Stones' signature and they wont particularly be bothered about supplying the manager with the cash and plenty of time to spend it.

It's so obvious what these carpet baggers are up to: keep hold of the tv revenue money + keep as much of the Stones sale cash as they can.

Or perhaps they aren't as far up Martinez backside as you are.

Out of his hands though.

It's easy to turn on the board when the manager who you've backed so strongly isn't performing.

Everyone knows the issues with the board, but they backed the manager last Summer and no reason to think they're not backing him now.

Martinez has brought this on himself, he's never once tried to mould the squad in to something that can play his system. His neglect of set pieces, fitness and any kind of defensive organisation is just crazy! What's with all the hamstring injuries? If one guy is getting them maybe he has an issue, but if lots of different players are getting them, then there is a problem with the training.

I so hoped he'd use this Summer to move on some of the crap at the club and bring in someone resembling a footballer, but instead he continues to talk up players like Kone, McGeady and Pienaar, while Barry seems to be ever present.

In all honesty if Stones does go for big money, Martinez is the last man I'd want spending it. He's lost his confidence and seems to have forgotten what got him the job in the first place.

It's easy to turn on the board when the manager who you've backed so strongly isn't performing.

Everyone knows the issues with the board, but they backed the manager last Summer and no reason to think they're not backing him now.

Martinez has brought this on himself, he's never once tried to mould the squad in to something that can play his system. His neglect of set pieces, and any kind of defensive organisation is just crazy! I so hoped he'd use this Summer to move on some of the crap at the club and bring in someone resembling a footballer, but instead he continues to talk up players like Kone, McGeady and Pienaar, while Barry seems to be ever present.

In all honesty if Stones does go for big money, Martinez is the last man I'd want spending it.
Did they though, i seem to recall us bringing in the best part of 40 mil for jelevic, chebes and felli. This sumeer As of this minute we are the lowest spenders in the league.

They never backed moyes, theyve barely backed martinez considering the money in the game now, and they'll fail to back the next guy too.

But hey ho lets all rip into the manager again, same way moyes got ripped into.

Out of his hands though.

Always big on rhetoric! How about reality, how could the Board have been changed? come on tell us, Okay?

Seem to recall you were also slagging off BU when they had a go!

Did they though, i seem to recall us bringing in the best part of 40 mil for jelevic, chebes and felli. This sumeer As of this minute we are the lowest spenders in the league.

They never backed moyes, theyve barely backed martinez considering the money in the game now, and they'll fail to back the next guy too.

But hey ho lets all rip into the manager again, same way moyes got ripped into.

He spent £28m on one player regardless of where the money came from! Don't turn this in to a board thread, everyone knows the issue, this is Martinez' thread and it's down to him we have a team full of average centre midfielders, with the worst a guaranteed starter, our brightest young talent on the wing and a back-up forward who'd look out of place in the Sunday league.

He spent £28m on one player regardless of where the money came from! Don't turn this in to a board thread, everyone knows the issue, this is Martinez' thread and it's down to him we have a team full of average centre midfielders, with the worst a guaranteed starter, our brightest young talent on the wing and a back-up forward who'd look out of place in the Sunday league.

Aye but he was bloody worth it.

The rest though, sounds very Moyes-like.

Not to mention keeping hold of players who are past it by lack of skill, age or injury - Kone, Hibbert, Gibson, Pienaar, Osman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back