Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom's got the potential to be quality - I do like him. However it was far to naive from Martinez, our team is aged to say the least, we need replacements all over the pitch and to spend near enough everything we had on one player...

But for 28M to date in my eyes it's been relatively poor business. I would happily move him on if we could recuperate the money we spent and invest it across the team.

To be fair I really like J McCarthy - so yes I'd say he is good business. Galloway I look forward to seeing more of.

Perhaps I was overly critical. I was just thinking more about Kone/Alcaraz/McGeady/Barry/Joel.
Unless we get top 4 its only 25 for rom, which for a 20 year old kid who will get you minimum 17-20 goals a year is good business in todays transfer climate.

TBH in the main i think hes done well on transfers, but his 1 or 2 flops have really been flops.

No plan B, too loyal to no marks like Alcaraz and Kone (but let Long go) no pull on Spanish connections, and can't see the wood from the trees when a change is needed on the pitch.
I believe that if Osman hadn't of come back when he did towards the end of last season, we'd of really struggled.
Our best bet is to tap up Eddie Howe now ready for January.
Apart from that being the only reason we got Del on both occasions.

And on eddie Howe, give it 12 months in the prem and lets see, another flavor of the month

22.8m net david, stop trying to make him sound astute.

IN:

Kone £5M
Robles £4.5M
McCarthy £13M
McGeady £1.5M
Lukaku £28M
Deulofeu £4M

Total £56M

OUT:

Fellaini £27.5M
Anichebe £5M
Jelavic £6.5M
Duffy £1.5M

Total £40.5M

Net spend £15.5M in five windows so far = average window spend of £3.1M.

Wooo Hooo.

Apart from that being the only reason we got Del on both occasions.

And on eddie Howe, give it 12 months in the prem and lets see, another flavor of the month

Del - That's why he went to Sevilla and didn't stay for the second season, and we had to end up buying him.

Eddie Howe, like Gary Monk always has more than just plan A.

In terms of Martinez, as one of Ireland's greatest philosophers once said, "it's good, but it's not right"

Del - That's why he went to Sevilla and didn't stay for the second season, and we had to end up buying him.

Eddie Howe, like Gary Monk always has more than just plan A.

In terms of Martinez, as one of Ireland's greatest philosophers once said, "it's good, but it's not right"
He went to sevilla because we turn down the chance to take him again

IN:

Kone £5M
Robles £4.5M
McCarthy £13M
McGeady £1.5M
Lukaku £28M
Deulofeu £4M

Total £56M

OUT:

Fellaini £27.5M
Anichebe £5M
Jelavic £6.5M
Duffy £1.5M

Total £40.5M

Wooo Hooo.
Robles and Mcgeady werent that much.

And we got 2.5mil sell on from forshaw when he went to Wigan

Martinez isnt particularly
Pretty much wrong in every way this.

"Everyone knows the situation with the board". Yes, full stop. But then you go onto make them sound like they've opened a massive warchest since Martinez has been here. Currently (over a period of 5 windows and incoming tv revenue of circa £80M) Martinez has a net spend of about £9M.

His neglect of set pieces. And you know this how? It seemed ok in the first season. It couldn't just be the players not doing their job like?

You dont trust Martinez with money? Yeah, he'll use a lot of cash to buy rubbish like Lukaku and McCarthy.

Go re-watch there 1st goal from today, if thats a team who works on set pieces then it makes martinez look even worse.

No players on the post, Baines picking up a tall guy at the front post, Osman picking up a guy 4/5 inches taller than him in the middle of the box and the best of the lot Coleman hopelessly walking around the edge of the box, not marking anyone not waiting incase we win the ball just standing there.

It would honestly sound better if he didnt practice them because any manager of any level should be able to set up a solid base structure for defending and attacking set pieces in modern football.

IN:

Kone £5M
Robles £4.5M
McCarthy £13M
McGeady £1.5M
Lukaku £28M
Deulofeu £4M

Total £56M

OUT:

Fellaini £27.5M
Anichebe £5M
Jelavic £6.5M
Duffy £1.5M

Total £40.5M

Wooo Hooo.

Besic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back