Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcaraz and McGeady we got for bobbins. Were only really ever going to be squad fillers and for that purpose they've done alright. Not saying they were great but neither were they super poor pick ups either.
Kone was a terrible buy, albeit we never got to judge him prior to that crippling injury.
Likewise Atsu and that giant striker we loaned from Monaco were injury prone as anything and a complete waste of money.

Aye didn't think of Atsu and the lanky bloke. Kone was unfortunate because of his injury which has finished him off I reckon, I still think he could have been a half decent back up striker but I don't think he'll ever fully recover.

When you look at it, Martinez really doesn't have a bad record in transfers, I think some people just plain don't like certain players (Barry for example).

You didn't think in the preseason games taken as a whole that we played less ponderously?

I must say, I did. Not the route one method but a lot of switching play from middle to flanks (and even flank to flank) than previously under Martinez. And I thought Cleverley aided more direct play too.

It's an abstraction to say Martinez's team is not evolving. I see it even in the last few games.

As you do, I stand by all I wrote above and still going with my basic premise; groundhog season. We shall see...btw nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong and given a severe vaulting.

I just don't see it happening.

Aye didn't think of Atsu and the lanky bloke. Kone was unfortunate because of his injury which has finished him off I reckon, I still think he could have been a half decent back up striker but I don't think he'll ever fully recover.

When you look at it, Martinez really doesn't have a bad record in transfers, I think some people just plain don't like certain players (Barry for example).

He's done alright.

He had a few shockers at Wigan like, Ivan Ramis and the like. His transfer record was a big concern for me when he come in, but he's done ok.

He's done well with the big buys (Although I maintain McCarthy needs to step it up this season...) and Deulofeu, Cleverley and Besic will be telling for him.

He's done alright.

He had a few shockers at Wigan like, Ivan Ramis and the like. His transfer record was a big concern for me when he come in, but he's done ok.

He's done well with the big buys (Although I maintain McCarthy needs to step it up this season...) and Deulofeu, Cleverley and Besic will be telling for him.

Its a major concern that he signed Kone twice tho.

I know it could be said that he did ok for wigan, but he surely knew his game was to limited for us. I mean Lukaku wasnt certain, imagine if we only had Kone in his first season.

Its a major concern that he signed Kone twice tho.

I know it could be said that he did ok for wigan, but he surely knew his game was to limited for us. I mean Lukaku wasnt certain, imagine if we only had Kone in his first season.

And Alcaraz.
And Robles.

Still hold out hope for the latter, but given how quickly he was cast of when Howard come back...

You sent me upset texts when he jibbed us off. I still have them.

Unban @tommye and we can deal.

HELLO https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/be-honest.73676/page-2#post-3396333

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back