Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
this. you can't have a go at a manager for a signing suffering a career threatening injury. he was never this bad for wigan.

But you are fully justified in 'having a go' at a deluded Manager who either appears to be the last person on the planet to see, or is so absorbed with self ego to admit, that the donkey is the worst #9 I have seen given the honour of wearing the great shirt.

A 43 year old showed more in 10 minutes 24 hours ago.

A few days from opening day and he now realises we are a Lukaku injury away from scoring 30 goals for the season?
Joke.

Sums it all up this.

He's trying to drag Everton back to its tradition of playing the ball and not treating it like a shot down the fairway. The ironic thing is that many/most of those that criticise his football are trying to tell him they want none of that and want something that crept into our play in the last decade and a half to murder our club's brand of football.

He's basically all that stands between us and a return to the agricultural stuff of Moyes/Smith that is anathema to Everton. He's saving us from ourselves, basically.
Don't really think it's the Second Coming of Christ Dave.

But you are fully justified in 'having a go' at a deluded Manager who either appears to be the last person on the planet to see, or is so absorbed with self ego to admit, that the donkey is the worst #9 I have seen given the honour of wearing the great shirt.

A few days from opening day and he now realises we are a Lukaku injury away from scoring 30 goals for the season?
Joke.

he said yesterday he was looking for a new striker. this is the first time kone's actually been fit to be able to make an actual judgement and that's what he's done by playing him so often during pre-season. just because people buy players willy nilly on football manager doesn't mean you can just do that in real life.

we're not a club who can afford two 30 goal a season strikers are we?

he said yesterday he was looking for a new striker. this is the first time kone's actually been fit to be able to make an actual judgement and that's what he's done by playing him so often during pre-season. just because people buy players willy nilly on football manager doesn't mean you can just do that in real life.

we're not a club who can afford two 30 goal a season strikers are we?
Shall I just cut and paste my previous post?
That would be my response once again mate.
5 days before the opening game...

Don't really think it's the Second Coming of Christ Dave.
I didn't claim it to be. He is saving us time by cutting to the chase in dragging this club kicking and screaming back into the fold of football that works the ball and emphasises combination - which is our birthright and something eschewed by the Moyes period in particular.

We lost our way from what we are as a football club and Martinez needs time to get us back on track. He's defo changed the culture of the players and most fans. Of course there's always the heretics who'll yearn for the agricultural ways of Moyes...probably because they've known no better.

I didn't claim it to be. He is saving us time by cutting to the chase in dragging this club kicking and screaming back into the fold of football that works the ball and emphasises combination - which is our birthright and something eschewed by the Moyes period in particular.

We lost our way from what we are as a football club and Martinez needs time to get us back on track. He's defo changed the culture of the players and most fans. Of course there's always the heretics who'll yearn for the agricultural ways of Moyes...probably because they've known no better.
Agree with that. Now to just change the players...

Joke.
You're assuming that because it's the first time he mentions it to the press that he needs a striker is the first time he's thought about it or even done something about it aren't you?

You're assuming that because it's the first time he mentions it to the press that he needs a striker is the first time he's thought about it or even done something about it aren't you?
He could have thought about it in 1995 and it wouldn't change the fact we are a few days away from the first game and with an injured Lukaku.

HE'S ALWAYS BEEN AWFUL THOUGH M8 IT WAS JUST HEITINGA MAKING HIM LOOK GOOD.

No, he hasn't always been awful. Look up some of his stuff on Youtube. Maybe not a top striker, but a decent one with an all-round game, which is what we paid for. But the injury finished him before any of that mattered. Not sure how Martinez comes out of this as the bad guy. The fact he played so little in pre-season suggests to me that even Martinez knows he's finished; it's just a case of finding a replacement....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back