Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's amazing, i have been away for 18 months on a government sponsored excursion and before i left "Bobby Brown Shoe's" was already almost at legend status amongst the fans and not a negative word could be said about him. I come back after one under-performed season, and yes i understand there was a player dispute and his tactical sense he is renowned for wasn't on point, but i feel a lot of un-neccessary negativity being thrown his way.

I honestly believe he is the fresh air this club has needed for a long time and will perform amazingly this season

have faith

#InBobbyITrust

The fickle football fan

it's amazing, i have been away for 18 months on a government sponsored excursion and before i left "Bobby Brown Shoe's" was already almost at legend status amongst the fans and not a negative word could be said about him. I come back after one under-performed season, and yes i understand there was a player dispute and his tactical sense he is renowned for wasn't on point, but i feel a lot of un-neccessary negativity being thrown his way.

I honestly believe he is the fresh air this club has needed for a long time and will perform amazingly this season

have faith

#InBobbyITrust

He was like a breath of fresh air, now he stinks like a fart in a lift.

Lets hope he can spray some glade.

Interviewed on Talksport this morning.

Outright said Stones is not for sale.

Repeated that what Terry said about Stones was 'illegal and disrespectful to Everton'.

Also said 'We are a big club, we've won 9 league titles' (actual quote).

Somebody must have had a word, as that's the 2nd time he's brought up our titles in the last couple of weeks.

About time somebody did - for far too long this has been ignored by the media.

In a roundabout way this also puts pressure on the board, as it brings up we've won things, which inevitably leads to the question as to why we haven't for a long time.

Anything that challenges the media perception that the only aspect of being a big club is that you have money right now is good in my book.

A Roberto Martinez with fire in his belly taking his shots

Jab jab jab

Is a sight to behold

Need to see that more this season.

Need to see him kicking arse and taking heads.

@davek

Needs to assert himself more this season.

He's the boss man.

The rest will fall into place with additional good signings on top of what's happened

I really think we are seeing this " weak manager" as perceived by some coming out to what he is.... all this talk of players not liking him is crap, key players are signing, re-joining and extending contracts. For me, the players who are apparently not liking him are players were or are on the way out... Eto, Disitn, Ossie

I like the man , does not slag off in public and condemn, shown unity but I bet behind doors he is no mug... for me, I would respond better to private criticism than public humiliation on TV.

Man management is obviously his strength, he is a young manager learning his trade... this is much a bigger stage than Wigan
For me, he is putting together a young team for the next 24 months ahead that might cost him his job... give a little credit I say

Can we really afford the sacking process of the likes of Spurs, Aston Villa and all the financial pressures that will bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back