Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire issue surrounding our performance can be simply resolved by increasing the speed at which we move the ball.

That's the most frustrating part

Which isn't Martinez's fault apparently.

He gets all the credit for when the players did it his his first season. But in his second and now third it's cause the players aren't good enough to play in the same way they had already played before.

Apparently.

I've said it time and time again and I truly believe this. Others won't agree which is fair enough everyone has there own opinions.

His first season was based on someone else's team and principles. He kept everything good about that and added his own spin on it. We ended up with the best of two managers principles who both have flaws in their approach.

You could see it changing more and more as the season drew to a close, by last season we were un recognizable to the previous year.

The rear endcof the forum don't want ti hear the truth from @davek

Seriously though, the thing that gets me about these turbulent spirits is that they point to this example and that example from season one and season two...but they'd already made their minds up to resolutely oppose Martinez before he signed up to become manager! Then they're having a go at posters who offer some support to their manager for not recognising the facts.

It's pretty hilarious when you think about it.

You are a monumental bellend. I hope a large group of men forceably insert the FFP rulebook into your rectum.

ouch.gif

Seriously though, the thing that gets me about these turbulent spirits is that they point to this example and that example from season one and season two...but they'd already made their minds up to resolutely oppose Martinez before he signed up to become manager! Then they're having a go at posters who offer some support to their manager for not recognising the facts.

Exactly. Its just silly. But you can see it.

sure is mate,all these thousands of Evertonians splitting their sides laughing.

You seem to tar everyone with the same brush that either doesn't agree with you or dares to question Martinez's ability or performance.

Whilst I'm sure there's people who have been after his head from day one (as would of been the case with any appointment) there are plenty who have supported him, questioned him, then ultimately lost faith in him.

We have definately been found out with Martinez's tippy tappy passing, his 1st season it was like a breath of fresh air but last season it was stale . Unfortunately yesterday it was no difference and the defence passing it around just wastes time and also puts the fear of god into me as i am expecting a mistake to happen any minute. He does not seem like he has a plan B if things are not working and that's my main worry.

Added to this is the total lack of intensity to win the ball back. I find this adds to the overall sleep mode we play in. We seem to stand off when the opposition is in possession especially in the first 70 mins even when behind. I find this a particularly insane tactic especially at goodison. Eventually the crowd have enough and the players have no choice but to close down quicker and lone behold. .... Our overall intensity increases and we play better. Time and time again the crowd does Martinez job in this respect. How the manager can think it is better to have our players stand off when behind ni matter how long left puzzles me ... doesn't take much to do that in all fairness

Need more of a push from the midfielders than the rb and lb in my opinion. Leaves our defense wide open to counters. Shame.

You seem to tar everyone with the same brush that either doesn't agree with you or dares to question Martinez's ability or performance.

Whilst I'm sure there's people who have been after his head from day one (as would of been the case with any appointment) there are plenty who have supported him, questioned him, then ultimately lost faith in him.
No, that doesn't fit in with the way I see it.

I've always limited criticism to those who have never seen this manager as appropriate. I accept people change their minds based on evidence - and I argue the toss with them on that. But they're a different breed to those in the former category.

No, that doesn't fit in with the way I see it.

I've always limited criticism to those who have never seen this manager as appropriate. I accept people change their minds based on evidence - and I argue the toss with them on that. But they're a different breed to those in the former category.

Fair doo's then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back