Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and that should be that. But it wont be, because we have a cabal of posters who want to drag the whole forum down the road of a witch hunt 90 minutes into the new season after a draw.

I'll never understand these people. To have that hatred for an Everton manager. You'd think he was a terrible villain of some description.

*sigh*

The cabal started 20 minutes into the first half on Saturday dave

Right on cue

We've become such a soft touch under this manager. Remember when teams used to dread coming to Goodison, because they knew they'd be in a game? Nowadays we are so, so easy to play against. There is no fire in the players' bellies at all, and that comes from the manager being an absolute wet lettuce

I looked at Swansea's football last night quick fie passing entertaining loads of chances - what's gone wrong with all this Tippy Tappy stuff with defensive midfielders and so slow with no width??????

It's because Gareth Barry can't actually move, and Barkley more often than not can't complete a 5 yard pass

I was hoping RM would banish last season's nightmare with a statement of intent on Saturday. Sadly the first 45 mins was hard to believe. He needs to stop:

1. Playing only 1 forward ALL the time
2. Playing only 1 winger instead of 2
3. Playing a centre mid in a wide position
4. Playing 2 defensive mids ALL the time, despite us leaking goals anyway
5. Playing a goalkeeper who is frightened to come off his line to take crosses.
6. Playing slow-motion football

And that's just for starters...

Just throwing this out there. I am not anti martinez but my patience is wearing a bit thin lately.

Since 1st July 2014. We have spent 37 mill and recouped zero for 12 outgoing players.

Under moyes and without the sky money we had to sell a player to balance the books.

Arteta Rodwell lescott.

Hyperthetically if moyes had the same squad now do you think we would be seeing the same results?.

The next few weeks in the transfer market could make or break Martinez by Xmas.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back