Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have one question, whats his system? What is the system Martinez wants to implement? Its not ball retention because there is literally no impetus by the players to get the ball back when they lose it and that is paramount in a retention system. It sure isnt direct because he has Lukaku being a back to goal striker which is NOTHING like his strengths lay at. Its not counter because most teams sit back against us. Its not 'total football', its not the German version, etc..

So, simple question, if its the player not playing the way he wants, what does he want?

Bobby should walk before he has his career ruined by those in charge.

His career isn't being ruined by those in charge, it's hit a bit of a blip and largely because he's to stubborn to change things that are plainly obvious to everyone watching.

Playing players out of position, playing players irrespective of form etc. He does himself no favours. Hopefully he learns quickly and also gets some players in to freshen thing up, but you can't blame the board for poor tactical choices.

His career isn't being ruined by those in charge, it's hit a bit of a blip and largely because he's to stubborn to change things that are plainly obvious to everyone watching.

Playing players out of position, playing players irrespective of form etc. He does himself no favours. Hopefully he learns quickly and also gets some players in to freshen thing up, but you can't blame the board for poor tactical choices.

I am not blaming the board on tactics.
But to not close your managers primary targets is beyond a joke.

I am not blaming the board on tactics.
But to not close your managers primary targets is beyond a joke.

We have a squad capable of winning games like yesterday but the tactics employed prevented that, that's all on Martinez.

New signings would be nice but we still have a team that should be more than competent enough to win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back