Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ship too many goals considering how many defensive players we have on the pitch. We are poor at (attacking and defending) set pieces. We are too slow in our build-up play. These are three things that are well within the remit of the manager to change, and I hope things improve from this point of view in the next season.

We ship too many goals considering how many defensive players we have on the pitch. We are poor at (attacking and defending) set pieces. We are too slow in our build-up play. These are three things that are well within the remit of the manager to change, and I hope things improve from this point of view in the next season.

This is something that gets overlooked. It doesn't make sense on the surface of things does it?

You know why it happens though? When we do get the ball forward and we stick it on Lukaku, the players off the ball charge forward in straight lines, then we lose the ball, the simple pass through us to an opposition player on the half way line and suddenly we look clueless when the ball is anywhere but 10 yards in front of a bank of seven players.

We don't attack smart, so we consequently get countered ridiculously easy, and it breeds paranoia. How often do we 'dominate' (we don't, we just keep the ball, but fans of tippy tappy think we're 'battering' teams when we do it) and concede a goal? It's basically every single game at the moment and it all stems from the stupid way we set up to play football which has been figured out massively.

You see @davek ^^^^

Thats the conversation we should be all having.

None of the cabal's nonsense

Quit with the name calling of a fair percentage of the forum and the fan base. If you're unable to add something to the debate apart from petty posts then consider adding nothing.

You're an intelligent, well informed fan, and you're not helping anyone by posting with a wooden spoon in one hand. Dave's a grown up and can look after himself.

Same applies to everyone else. If you can't debate in a civil manner, recognising the fact that different Blues have different views, then this thread might be one you want to swerve.

Passionate views are welcome and sometimes those views are bound to get a bit personal, but there's a limit to what's acceptable.

Quit with the name calling of a fair percentage of the forum and the fan base. If you're unable to add something to the debate apart from petty posts then consider adding nothing.

You're an intelligent, well informed fan, and you're not helping anyone by posting with a wooden spoon in one hand. Dave's a grown up and can look after himself.

Same applies to everyone else. If you can't debate in a civil manner, recognising the fact that different Blues have different views, then this thread might be one you want to swerve.

Passionate views are welcome and sometimes those views are bound to get a bit personal, but there's a limit to what's acceptable.

Well said my son, God bless you.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.

This is something that gets overlooked. It doesn't make sense on the surface of things does it?

You know why it happens though? When we do get the ball forward and we stick it on Lukaku, the players off the ball charge forward in straight lines, then we lose the ball, the simple pass through us to an opposition player on the half way line and suddenly we look clueless when the ball is anywhere but 10 yards in front of a bank of seven players.

We don't attack smart, so we consequently get countered ridiculously easy, and it breeds paranoia. How often do we 'dominate' (we don't, we just keep the ball, but fans of tippy tappy think we're 'battering' teams when we do it) and concede a goal? It's basically every single game at the moment and it all stems from the stupid way we set up to play football which has been figured out massively.

I really think the protection our back four have had since the start of last season has been shocking. Mainly due to the fact that Barry is so poor at doing his job. He simply can't cover the ground.

First time I saw it was the Chelsea game last season, our defence was a mess that day but they really were and often are hung out to dry by a midfield incapable of stopping teams running straight onto our defence.

As you say, this 'battering' of teams is only in terms of possession. If you were an opposition manager you'd just work all week on shape and feel confident of getting something from Goodison now.

I look at our players and think if we sacrificed some territory and possession in games we'd absolutely blow the likes of Watford away. Be more expansive/direct on the ball, we'd probably lose it more often but that absolutely wouldn't be a problem providing we defended properly.

I just have one question, whats his system? What is the system Martinez wants to implement? Its not ball retention because there is literally no impetus by the players to get the ball back when they lose it and that is paramount in a retention system. It sure isnt direct because he has Lukaku being a back to goal striker which is NOTHING like his strengths lay at. Its not counter because most teams sit back against us. Its not 'total football', its not the German version, etc..

So, simple question, if its the player not playing the way he wants, what does he want?
I guess since @bizzaro ignored this, i'll tag him in it like he does dave-kay in every post. so, good man, you are so hell-bent on saying 'its not Martinez', what does Martinez want?

@davek

Read the above

He should have no more than around 10 games. This form will see us eventually relegated, then your stance on Martinez turning it round might look a bit daft!

Deluded and desperate. There's only a handful of cranks on an Everton forum grinding their teeth over a 2-2 draw on the opening day of the season. No one who matters is reading the script your reading. NOBODY.

Don't get your hopes up. Roberto will be here for the full five years. You and the rest of the cabal will give yourselves heart attacks at this rate. Just sit back and enjoy the football Martinez and the team will serve up. If he was going it'd have been last season.

You see @davek ^^^^

Thats the conversation we should be all having.

None of the cabal's nonsense
The last thing they want is new players in that can help the manager and his team out. A shocking but right on the money claim to make. It's really very very sad. And I mean that sincerely.

There's no chance this spending happiness won't be generated by a certain sale to Chelsea ?

The "spending happiness" is not dependent upon the sale of any player.

If Stones was to be sold (I hope not, think not, and Stones appears not to want to force a move) then we would have new players (subject to timing) and a sizeable reduction/clearing of short term Vibrac debt.

Personally I think we will make at least 1 permanent signing (possibly 2) and 2 or 1 loan, we will not sell Stones and we will renew the Vibrac debt in September through to summer 2016.

The tragi-comic thing going on here is that myself and bizzy are getting stick from the cabal merely because Roberto Martinez (our manager) is receiving support.

Think about that. Apparently we and others not in on their lunatic hate campaign are the ones at fault for not stabbing our own manager in the back.

It's staggering.

Crack on with the classy campaign lads.

Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back