Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some need to open their eyes that possibly Roberto Martinez is just an average manager who's not capable of getting his team to play the way he wants. And also who's to say his way is even affective? It hasn't been so far. The first season doesn't count IMO as he was not playing the same football as he's trying now n

Had a manager for 2 seasons, and the first one doesn't count.

You don't have an agenda or anything though do you?

Deluded and desperate. There's only a handful of cranks on an Everton forum grinding their teeth over a 2-2 draw on the opening day of the season. No one who matters is reading the script your reading. NOBODY.

Don't get your hopes up. Roberto will be here for the full five years. You and the rest of the cabal will give yourselves heart attacks at this rate. Just sit back and enjoy the football Martinez and the team will serve up. If he was going it'd have been last season.

The last thing they want is new players in that can help the manager and his team out. A shocking but right on the money claim to make. It's really very very sad. And I mean that sincerely.

The tragi-comic thing going on here is that myself and bizzy are getting stick from the cabal merely because Roberto Martinez (our manager) is receiving support.

Think about that. Apparently we and others not in on their lunatic hate campaign are the ones at fault for not stabbing our own manager in the back.

It's staggering.

Crack on with the classy campaign lads.

Lol!

Top popcorning Davek. 10/10.

And I mean that sincerely.

Had a manager for 2 seasons, and the first one doesn't count.

You don't have an agenda or anything though do you?
To be fair, even at the end of the first season teams sussed us out. I agree to say 'first season didnt count' is madness but theres been the same issues for well over a season.

And truthfully, one more thing, i think we are fantastic at counter-attacking....at least we were. We just need him to figure out how to break teams down. Its not going to happen with slow and methodical building. And its not going to happen with constantly putting a CM out wide for literally no reason.

Reactions: gmb
To be fair, even at the end of the first season teams sussed us out. I agree to say 'first season didnt count' is madness but theres been the same issues for well over a season.

And truthfully, one more thing, i think we are fantastic at counter-attacking....at least we were. We just need him to figure out how to break teams down. Its not going to happen with slow and methodical building. And its not going to happen with constantly putting a CM out wide for literally no reason.

Oh I have no issue saying we have areas that need addressing. I just believe at this stage Roberto will make it work and is the best man for the job. A couple of new players in, a couple of flair players back from injury, we'll be just fine.

This dismissing the first season because we apparently played differently is frankly borderline Nazi propaganda, but I wouldn't expect less from the Moyes worshiping bed wetter I originally quoted.

You seem to tar everyone with the same brush that either doesn't agree with you or dares to question Martinez's ability or performance.

Whilst I'm sure there's people who have been after his head from day one (as would of been the case with any appointment) there are plenty who have supported him, questioned him, then ultimately lost faith in him.

Show me a post where you have supported his appointment.

The tragi-comic thing going on here is that myself and bizzy are getting stick from the cabal merely because Roberto Martinez (our manager) is receiving support.

Think about that. Apparently we and others not in on their lunatic hate campaign are the ones at fault for not stabbing our own manager in the back.

It's staggering.

Lol!

Nothing wrong with supporting Martinez mate, in fact I applaud it. In fact I should give myself a good dig in the face when I doubt our manager, especially after 1 game of a season ( that feels like a continuation of last season )

Just opinions though isn't it Dave, no one's right and no.one's wrong and none of us are winners unless it all comes good.

Come October mate if we are in the brown stuff I think your comments will change, you said as much last season that he can't get support forever. Players, board and manager - all 3 to blame mate aren't they.

An issue he's eluded too for a while now and one he's said is his main priority is a player to come in to remedy that problem

He's not going to get sacked during this horror run of early fixtures - that much is guaranteed.

But given the state of morale around the place (something that I imagine Baines's injury on Friday helped damage significantly), and given the likelihood of us getting anything meanigful from those early games, the damage could be done by the end of October, leaving him with a severely uphill battle.

I think he's a decent manager, if a little naive and stubborn, but with the current squad and board, it doesn't look like it's going to work. I hope it does, but he's stuck between a rock and a hard place, and a club in our position can't afford to take too many chances. We are two bad seasons away from imploding completely.

Nothing wrong with supporting Martinez mate, in fact I applaud it. In fact I should give myself a good dig in the face when I doubt our manager, especially after 1 game of a season ( that feels like a continuation of last season )

Just opinions though isn't it Dave, no one's right and no.one's wrong and none of us are winners unless it all comes good.

Come October mate if we are in the brown stuff I think your comments will change, you said as much last season that he can't get support forever. Players, board and manager - all 3 to blame mate aren't they.
It's results driven. If results aren't forthcoming and performances are anaemic then it all takes care of itself. Which is why after one game....one drawn game...it's off the scale demented to be carrying on like this shower are.

THATS an agenda.

It's staggering.

Lol!

Oh I have no issue saying we have areas that need addressing. I just believe at this stage Roberto will make it work and is the best man for the job. A couple of new players in, a couple of flair players back from injury, we'll be just fine.

This dismissing the first season because we apparently played differently is frankly borderline Nazi propaganda, but I wouldn't expect less from the Moyes worshiping bed wetter I originally quoted.

Bad manager or good manager he's our manager and we need to back him for now.

He inspired an entire generation of Evertonians with his take no prisoners attitude at a time when the club was dead in the water and needed some inspiration and a hero to get behind. So much so that 30'000 plus attended a game the other day and roared Goodison's roof off when he simply jumped for a header.

He lived and breathed the club from the moment he arrived and gave memories to fans that otherwise would have pretty much none whatsoever for the best part of a decade.

pretty much the same with Big Bob.

He never even came on as a sub in a winning Cup Final team but for the 70s generation he was and remains a legend.

;)

Ditto Andy King, Mick Lyons and a bunch of others. For younger kids the likes of Timmy Cahill and Jags are legends.

This'd kater two deserve the stars fir goals scored against the RS alone :)

Evertonians ain't pot hunters (which is just as well :pint2:) so our legends are just as likely to have been much loved boys who won nowt as much as the Balls, Reids and Southalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back