Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just one game we've been like this though, is it? 6 home wins in 20 games can't be a coincidence, can it?

Saturday was a continuation of last season's abysmal form. He is still persisting with his flawed system of playing. Cleverly, Barry and McCarthy all in midfield, who didn't call that he would do that? If us mere fans can predict what he is going to be doing, imagine what a Premier League manager who is paid millions every year will know.

'That shower' have valid points. The only person with an agenda, from what I can see is you. You're a WUM who will carry on spouting your Pro-Martinez rubbish at every opportunity, just like last season.
Oh, we're counting last season now are we? I was told last season not to do that.

Make your mind up.

I can still remember us playing Man Utd, Wolfsburg and Arsenal (travesty of a result that) off the Goodison pitch last season. He's still got my backing.
True - the rate we broke down against Arsenal was alarming though.

Boss for 75 mins, then totally capitulated.

The tragi-comic thing going on here is that myself and bizzy are getting stick from the cabal merely because Roberto Martinez (our manager) is receiving support.

Think about that. Apparently we and others not in on their lunatic hate campaign are the ones at fault for not stabbing our own manager in the back.

It's staggering.

Crack on with the classy campaign lads.

Lol!

Dave, every supporter is entitled to their view of the team, manager, club and owners.

However I think it very important for all supporters not to fall into an "us and them" attitude with each other.

Now this may need to be directed at both you and your detractors, however it is worth saying, we really do not need to be verbally fighting with other.

There's no need for division, just an acknowledgement of a difference of opinion. I said this recently when the Blue Union debate raged here, and I think the same applies to the pro/anti Martinez camps.

Dave, every supporter is entitled to their view of the team, manager, club and owners.

However I think it very important for all supporters not to fall into an "us and them" attitude with each other.

Now this may need to be directed at both you and your detractors, however it is worth saying, we really do not need to be verbally fighting with other.

There's no need for division, just an acknowledgement of a difference of opinion. I said this recently when the Blue Union debate raged here, and I think the same applies to the pro/anti Martinez camps.

It's amazing how there's no middle ground allowed with Martinez, quite similar to the Board. Many of us can see his strengths and weaknesses at the same time.

The cabal have tried to use any and every trick in the book to discredit Martinez.

As soon as we went 0-1 down they were out in force on Saturday.

They don't want him to make any signings and they don't want Everton to win. Pure and simple.

Matt
I asked you not to name call and quoted a post of yours where you called people a cabal. You've ignored that
I'm assuming cabal is going to be the new term for plotters, except it won't be

Take some time off

Quit with the name calling of a fair percentage of the forum and the fan base. If you're unable to add something to the debate apart from petty posts then consider adding nothing.

You're an intelligent, well informed fan, and you're not helping anyone by posting with a wooden spoon in one hand. Dave's a grown up and can look after himself.

Same applies to everyone else. If you can't debate in a civil manner, recognising the fact that different Blues have different views, then this thread might be one you want to swerve.

Passionate views are welcome and sometimes those views are bound to get a bit personal, but there's a limit to what's acceptable.

The tragi-comic thing going on here is that myself and bizzy are getting stick from the cabal merely because Roberto Martinez (our manager) is receiving support.

Think about that. Apparently we and others not in on their lunatic hate campaign are the ones at fault for not stabbing our own manager in the back.

It's staggering.

Crack on with the classy campaign lads.

Lol!

dave

it's possible you didn't see my previous post, so you're still here, but I'm going to work on the assumption that you've seen this one, and I've quoted the previous one so there shouldn't be any doubt going forward.

True - the rate we broke down against Arsenal was alarming though.

Boss for 75 mins, then totally capitulated.

Yeah, although to be honest, I think it was the beginning of Distin's end at the club.

Giroud deliberately fouled him for the equalizer, but, Distin is a lad who could put on a pair of gloves, and step into the ring as a heavyweight. It was pee-poor that Giroud managed to tug on his sleeve and stop him competing for a header. It highlighted a total lack of desire.

You'll always get those schisms on a forum; it's as unnatural as trying to stop the tide coming in attempting to stop it.

Personally, I think for the most part I restrain my language in these arguments and restrict it to debate. The real issue is when you point out the inconsistencies of this very specific group of people who continue their campaign to oust the manager ("I'll give him 'till November....hold on, we just drew first game 2-2: I want him sacked NOW!) they seem to like throwing about the insults and cant handle it.

Yeah, although to be honest, I think it was the beginning of Distin's end at the club.

Giroud deliberately fouled him for the equalizer, but, Distin is a lad who could put on a pair of gloves, and step into the ring as a heavyweight. It was pee-poor that Giroud managed to tug on his sleeve and stop him competing for a header. It highlighted a total lack of desire.
I've said before that I think that the final 20 mins of that game, the first home fixture, set the tone for much of the season.

Matt
I asked you not to name call and quoted a post of yours where you called people a cabal. You've ignored that
I'm assuming cabal is going to be the new term for plotters, except it won't be

Take some time off

dave

it's possible you didn't see my previous post, so you're still here, but I'm going to work on the assumption that you've seen this one, and I've quoted the previous one so there shouldn't be any doubt going forward.

When you extend a bar on outlawed words to stuff like 'cabal' I mean where are we going on a forum when that's mooted?

Swear filter/bans on swear words etc = entirely reasonable. Policing descriptive words like cabal? This cant be a serious proposition.

If I were a mod I'd be more concerned about people stepping over the mark in debates like this and labelling someone mentally deranged (I've done it and had it done to me). That I could see the reasoning of.

I really dont know what to say to your post, honestly. Does it mean simple descriptive words when attributed to any group is verboten now and that a prescribed glossary of acceptable ones are the order of the day?

I dont want to tell people how to do their job - and I'm well aware of how much of a headache administrating an issue like this can be - but I think I'd shut the thread down first rather than try and strike out inoffensive words.

I can still remember us playing Man Utd, Wolfsburg and Arsenal (travesty of a result that) off the Goodison pitch last season. He's still got my backing.

Those kind of attacking teams aren't our biggest problem.

It is with the lesser lights and the "park the bus" teams where we are coming unstuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back