Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he new the answer and problems we wouldn't be the mess wev been for 12 months. On the other hand he may not want to give his tactical ideas away to everyone else. (Right or wrong)

Look, I'm not defending the man. IMO he's an average manger and I want him replaced or him to prove me wrong very quickly and us start looking like the team we should be with the players at his disposable.

My point being I didn't like what sky did to him. Left him in a very awkward somewhat unfair posistion.

Do you not think he put himself in that position?

They discuss the weekend's games in the programme so putting our tactics from Saturday under the microscope could have been predicted.

It is my view a manager currently in the PL should not go in a programme like that.

Do you not think he put himself in that position?

They discuss the weekend's games in the programme so putting our tactics from Saturday under the microscope could have been predicted.

It is my view a manager currently in the PL should not go in a programme like that.

Yes very true, maybe he wasn't expecting such a dissection of his tactics.

Or maybe he really is that clueless he doesn't see the problem. You can shout all you want about the arrival of this magical No10 but end of the day he won't solve either of those 2 glaring problems carragher brought up with him.

...his pro's & con's are as a manager are debatable, fact of the matter is he has a - what? - 30-31% win rate and his loss tally is VERY high in compare to other coaches and if Saturday didn't confirm the fact that he's learnt & adapted little tactically over the break then you need to have a sit down, a big biscuit & a massive think...

He's also mooting this '3 player palaver', a supposed one of which seems intent on joining STOKE over us. Ace. He's blown up this 'NUMBER 10' balloon beyond proportion and I genuinely fear it's gonna pop right in his face............when we re-sign LENNON as an exercise in appeasement.

Pffff, still, we must have hope eh....

Yes very true, maybe he wasn't expecting such a dissection of his tactics.

Or maybe he really is that clueless he doesn't see the problem. You can shout all you want about the arrival of this magical No10 but end of the day he won't solve either of those 2 glaring problems carragher brought up with him.

Classy as always.

Would you have sacked Moyes for loaning him around the Championship and talking him down in press conferences

I liked Moyes but I'm glad Martinez will never do that.
Moyes was getting him experience. When he brought him back in his first game he was arguably MOTM away to Arsenal.

We may have thought Moyes was too slow in getting him into the first team and that's Moyes modus operandi in general but frankly it's unfair to Moyes to say Barkley wouldn't have progressed under Moyes. Besides aren't we long past arguing what Moyes would have done?

Moyes was getting him experience. When he brought him back in his first game he was arguably MOTM away to Arsenal.

We may have thought Moyes was too slow in getting him into the first team and that's Moyes modus operandi in general but frankly it's unfair to Moyes to say Barkley wouldn't have progressed under Moyes. Besides aren't we long past arguing what Moyes would have done?

The frustration just stems from us being weak at CM/DM for large parts of Moyes's last season, with Fellaini being preferred upfield, Gibson being injury prone, Osman not being suited to CM/DM, Hitz lacking fitness and Neville being Neville.

And yet with all this Barkley was still barely given a look in.

But agreed we should be past Moyes vs Martinez now. However, just feel there is a case for frustration with respect to not seeing Barkley more before Martinez arrived.

What if he resigns because he can't get the players he needs and wants because the board won't sanction it ??????
Then we get another manager. Everton football club is bigger than one man. I hate saying this because I stuck by him all last season but I fully expected him to sort out the problems and bring in the No 10 and play Barkley further back along with two wingers but this window is destroying that faith I had in him.

He still has the rest of the window to sort it out so there's still some hope but after the Shaqiri fiasco my hope is quickly fading.

The frustration just stems from us being weak at CM/DM for large parts of Moyes's last season, with Fellaini being preferred upfield, Gibson being injury prone, Osman not being suited to CM/DM, Hitz lacking fitness and Neville being Neville.

But agreed we should be past Moyes vs Martinez now. However, just feel there is a case for frustration with respect to not seeing Barkley more before Martinez arrived.
I won't lie I was frustrated too but that's in the past and hardly relevant now.

What if he resigns because he can't get the players he needs and wants because the board won't sanction it ??????

He won't resign.

One thing to consider - we've all known since the start of the year at least that Alcaraz & Distin wouldn't be here in August 2015 and that we'd need another experienced centre back. Martinez still hasn't addressed this problem.

Moyes had a balanced midfield that actually worked. Gibson in DM with Neville as cover. Osman the playmaker, and Fellaini as attacking mid. Barkley when he came into the team covered Osman or Fellaini but both of them had great seasons. People question why Neville got in but he was playing DM which isn't Barkley's position. He gave Barkley his start, gave him loans, and put him in the first team with starts at top 4 grounds, all as a teenager in a top 6 side. Don't see how anyone could complain. Barkley doesn't look ready for the team now sometimes yet Moyes played him years ago.

I could see that happening, funnily enough.

Maybe that is why he seems more adamant about keeping Stones than the board appear to be ( in public at any rate).

He can say Stones was sold against his wishes and he resigns on a matter of principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back