Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lennon Deulofeu Lukaku Barkley Mirallas. You'd think with players like these and attacking fullbacks that we'd break rapidly on the counter to exploit their pace. Not Everton though, we'll have a slow build up and try and get the best out of these wingers from a standing start. #Martinezlogic

Only saw the clip on SSN which had

1) Martinez stating that he should have had his squad intact at the start of the season and the window should be closed
2) Carra re-stating that Stones should be staying at Everton for at least a couple more years and laughing at Shearer's comments on MOTD

both of which are absolutely spot on.

1) Martinez stating that he should have had his squad intact at the start of the season and the window should be closed
2) Carra re-stating that Stones should be staying at Everton for at least a couple more years and laughing at Shearer's comments on MOTD

Anybody any videos of this??

I could see that happening, funnily enough.

Maybe that is why he seems more adamant about keeping Stones than the board appear to be ( in public at any rate).

He can say Stones was sold against his wishes and he resigns on a matter of principle
I also agree the Stones transfer now would be mad. It would make Martinez's job almost untenable. We need to bring in a No10 and split up Barry and McCarthy and then I think we could still have a good season.

I also agree the Stones transfer now would be mad. It would make Martinez's job almost untenable. We need to bring in a No10 and split up Barry and McCarthy and then I think we could still have a good season.

I agree but this is where it gets a bit murky. We all know how it works, and we are currently up on spending for the summer by £4m. This doesnt happen normally so from all past evidence we have to sell someone, and he seems to be the only one with interest.

I could see that happening, funnily enough.

Maybe that is why he seems more adamant about keeping Stones than the board appear to be ( in public at any rate).

He can say Stones was sold against his wishes and he resigns on a matter of principle

I thought about this the other day- i don't think it's out the question, he clearly thought he could get players in earlier and hasn't (unless he knows stones is going deadline day and his comments mean that if deadline day was earlier he'd have his squad sorted now, it'd at least mean he has targets)

I agree but this is where it gets a bit murky. We all know how it works, and we are currently up on spending for the summer by £4m. This doesnt happen normally so from all past evidence we have to sell someone, and he seems to be the only one with interest.
I can't remember exactly how much it was but we received more TV money this year and 25m a year for 3 years starting next year. This is really a board question but whoever's figures you believe the fans have every right to expect movement regarding transfers or the stadium considering the new TV money.

Did he actually mention Shearer's comments name, Ed?

I've just saw them go over our game on MNF. I didn't think Carragher was out of line in any way. It seemed pretty friendly and Martinez was full of his normal platitudes not wanting to give anything away.

I still like Martinez. I really hope he gets his No 10 and he changes his tactics a little so that he mixes up when to drop our holding midfield back and when not to. This would keep teams guessing and we would kick on this season. Ironically the mixing up by playing more long balls while it is changing tactics which is a good thing it's not what I want to see. I just want us to vary how we use the "Barry" role so we aren't flooding the midfield by bringing our left winger inside.

If he doesn't get a new No 10 I hope he plays Deulofeu there. I've said it before but a lineup of.

Lukaku
Mirallas Deulofeu Lennon
McCarthy Barkley
Baines Jags Stones Coleman
Howard​

Would in my opinion be some team that would do serious damage. Deulofeu has all the ability in the world and could be world class in that position.

I like what Carragher said on Monday Night Football with Martinez. Fans should get off of Barkley's back and that Stones should stay to develop. I thought Martinez was reluctant to give any tactics away when reviewing clips and also when reviewing how to set up against Man City. I feel as if he shouldn't be doing punditry when the team is in the state that it's in.

I've just saw them go over our game on MNF. I didn't think Carragher was out of line in any way. It seemed pretty friendly and Martinez was full of his normal platitudes not wanting to give anything away.

I still like Martinez. I really hope he gets his No 10 and he changes his tactics a little so that he mixes up when to drop our holding midfield back and when not to. This would keep teams guessing and we would kick on this season. Ironically the mixing up by playing more long balls while it is changing tactics which is a good thing it's not what I want to see. I just want us to vary how we use the "Barry" role so we aren't flooding the midfield by bringing our left winger inside.

If he doesn't get a new No 10 I hope he plays Deulofeu there. I've said it before but a lineup of.

Lukaku
Mirallas Deulofeu Lennon
McCarthy Barkley
Howard​

Would in my opinion be some team that would do serious damage. Deulofeu has all the ability in the world and could be world class in that position.
Wow just Wow..lukaku in goal and Howard up front. Lennon doesn't play for Everton

Lukaku
Mirallas Deulofeu Lennon
McCarthy Barkley
Howard​

Deulofeu as a no.10? Not sure about that. He's not much of a passer. We need a David Silva type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back