Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's better at playing through balls than the rest of our team. Check out his assist to Naismith in the Capital One Cup against Fulham.

At 0.34.

The problem if you like to call it that is that he's direct. He will pass if something is on that will move the team forward but he runs himself down blind alleys rather than passing back when there's nothing on. It's a maturity thing which will improve with age. It's also less likely to happen if he's played down the middle.

I admit it's a risk because he's so young and inexperienced which is why I would have preferred Shaqiri but I would like to see it tried.

Same people who wouldn't want Del or Mirallas playing behind the striker are also quite happy for Barkley Naismith or Kone to play there. Like the manager they are completely risk adverse. Would Deulofeu be s guaranteed success in attacking mid? Who knows. Could he do any worse than the current incumbents? No. Will Martinez even give it a try? Probably not.

what the hell is our manager doing moonlighting on TV?

Do we not pay him enough to get by ?

Concentrate on Everton please

He's got his team and tactics sorted for the weekend though. They're the ones we rolled out about two years ago. Why does he need to coach anything else? Barry, Howard, one winger, plus eight others, passing sideways. Job done.

He is saying the transfer window should not be open whilst the season has started. If it was shut, this team would more than likely finish in the bottom half!

He talks rubbish most of the time. He should be banned from speaking to the media.

He is saying the transfer window should not be open whilst the season has started. If it was shut, this team would more than likely finish in the bottom half!.
Rubbish, we'd have got the players we need in by now. The only thing delaying them is the end of the window being a few weeks off.
If it were the end of the week we'd see all sorts of activity.

I agree with his point about the window, but it's a bit hypocritical given the amount of business we do on deadline day. He is looking increasingly uncomfortable and I sense he is feeling the pressure. Why no thread on here about Collymore on Talkshite lat night?

I agree with his point about the window, but it's a bit hypocritical given the amount of business we do on deadline day. He is looking increasingly uncomfortable and I sense he is feeling the pressure. Why no thread on here about Collymore on Talkshite lat night?
There is. Here's the link.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-special-talksport-9-00pm.78197/

It's also not hypocritical. He's merely working within the constraints of the window. It's all very well to say yes but if hes sticking by his principles we'd have finished our business by now, however the reality is that players don't come available at prices we can afford until the very end when clubs and players get desperate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ngry-as-chelsea-prepare-new-bid-10449324.html

This could also be posted in the John Stones thread but I'm more concerned about Martinez's comments.

"The window, when it's open and you have to prepare official games, is very, very unfair. I don't think it's right," said Martinez.

"I think we should be just having a period where you can assemble your squad, then once the first league game starts, everyone is focused."

Surely he realises that if the transfer window ended before the season starts we'd only have signed Deulofeu & Cleverley?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ngry-as-chelsea-prepare-new-bid-10449324.html

This could also be posted in the John Stones thread but I'm more concerned about Martinez's comments.

"The window, when it's open and you have to prepare official games, is very, very unfair. I don't think it's right," said Martinez.

"I think we should be just having a period where you can assemble your squad, then once the first league game starts, everyone is focused."

Surely he realises that if the transfer window ended before the season starts we'd only have signed Deulofeu & Cleverley?
I think he means he'd want the windows to be closed by the time the season started, because we do all our own business on deadline day so if that was prior to the season we might benefit?

:Blink:

good observation mate...I have, for the last 12 months, held great fear that Martinez is a straw man, a snake oil salesman...God I hope to be proven wrong

There is. Here's the link.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-special-talksport-9-00pm.78197/

It's also not hypocritical. He's merely working within the constraints of the window. It's all very well to say yes but if hes sticking by his principles we'd have finished our business by now, however the reality is that players don't come available at prices we can afford until the very end when clubs and players get desperate.

Don't know how I missed that, ta. I think there is a degree of hypocrisy, he's not raised any objection in season's past, but regardless I do think that it would be better if Bobby stayed quiet on the Stones situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back