i think most were expecting:

Watford- Win
Southampton- Draw
City- Loss

What happened:

Watford- Draw
Southampton- Win
City- Loss

No reason to start riots against the manager. Also love how after every loss people change their minds against the manager.

The problem is that the list of excuses are already being lined up, "tough run of fixtures, we'll be fine once they're done". Similar things were said last year and that improvement didn't materialise.
I know. TBF already IMHO we have been better than last season, but still A decent manager would have fans certain of a top 10 with this squad, that is my expectation of Martinez, I hope the board doesnt proovide a nifty llittle excuse for @davek.

Although he has more than proived he will never set him a target for fear of vaulting.

Which of our current squad have become worse players in the past 24 months? I ask becuase of all posters you have rambled on (led Zeppelin) more than most about 13/14 and now you are saying that it will take Kenwright and Co to help get us fighting for Europe. Which to an extent I agree with but are you honestly saying that we dont have a squad, as things stand that cant aim for europe?

I just hope you're not currently covering all bases.

IMHO this team is more than capable of competeing with Liverpool, Spurs and Swansea for places 5 through 7

I know you never like to set Martinez targets because it may have a come back but FFS do not say that this current squad as things stand can't comptete for top 7 whilst lavishing masses of praise upon Martinez for what he did (with this squad BTW) 2 years ago
Same tired old arguments..

The squad he inherited was old. It needed gutting. He's in the process of clearing out Moyes' Dads Army. Simple as that really.

We have a very good manager, he'll be here his full contract and he'll set us on our way with a squad fit for purpose. Settle down to that or you're in for a very miserable time for another three seasons continuing some strange and bitter personal vendetta.

Which of our current squad have become worse players in the past 24 months? I ask becuase of all posters you have rambled on (led Zeppelin) more than most about 13/14 and now you are saying that it will take Kenwright and Co to help get us fighting for Europe. Which to an extent I agree with but are you honestly saying that we dont have a squad, as things stand that cant aim for europe?

I just hope you're not currently covering all bases.

IMHO this team is more than capable of competeing with Liverpool, Spurs and Swansea for places 5 through 7

I know you never like to set Martinez targets because it may have a come back but FFS do not say that this current squad as things stand can't comptete for top 7 whilst lavishing masses of praise upon Martinez for what he did (with this squad BTW) 2 years ago

The squad he inherited was old. It needed gutting. He's in the process of clearing out Moyes' Dads Army. Simple as that really.

We have a very good manager, he'll be here his full contract and he'll set us on our way with a squad fit for purpose. Settle down to that or you're in for a very miserable time for another three seasons continuing some strange and bitter personal vendetta.

lol The thought of another season of you blindly defending Martinez from any form of criticism. Can't wait to hear what your excuses are for him in May.

There wont need to be any excuses. Why would there be?
Because he is a bad manager who has been found out. I don't expect you to drop your WUM attitude towards him though, you'd look very foolish.

Do you see any improvements Martinez can make? I'm sure you've got all your excuses lined up already.

I agree, Martinez needs time and backing. Unfortunately he won't get the backing from our board and the supporters these days demand instant success so won't give him time.

I put the blame solely on the board for this. Moyes had give up the ghost in 2009, and the current custodians of our great club should have got rid instead of giving him a hefty pay rise to lump it.

Only short term solutions they offer up, it's disgusting in my eyes that the likes of Bill Kenwright can have his name in the hall of fame next to the likes of Alan Ball and Neville Southall and yet they treat our greatest keeper with discontent.

Because he is a bad manager who has been found out. I don't expect you to drop your WUM attitude towards him though, you'd look very foolish.

Do you see any improvements Martinez can make? I'm sure you've got all your excuses lined up already.
Why is it 'Wumming' to defend an Everton manager? It's called loyalty. Maybe you should familiarise yourself with the concept rather than to enjoy stabbing an Everton manager in the back?

Funny this thread. Last week we won and it was a ghost town...slipped off into page 3/4.

First defeat of the season to a billion pound assembled team and the usual suspects are bumping it to the top of the forum desperate to make it a managerial issue.

As said to your comrade: you need to settle down for another three seasons.

I agree, Martinez needs time and backing. Unfortunately he won't get the backing from our board and the supporters these days demand instant success so won't give him time.

I put the blame solely on the board for this. Moyes had give up the ghost in 2009, and the current custodians of our great club should have got rid instead of giving him a hefty pay rise to lump it.

Only short term solutions they offer up, it's disgusting in my eyes that the likes of Bill Kenwright can have his name in the hall of fame next to the likes of Alan Ball and Neville Southall and yet they treat our greatest keeper with discontent.

He will though: not financial backing, but time backing. They wont want to change managers. RM is a safe pair of hands. They know he can get his team to win games. They merely want to stay in the PL. That's it. Full stop. Change to someone else and they are into the unknown. They dont want that.

100% guaranteed: RM's job is safe for as long as he wants it.

He will though: not financial backing, but time backing. They wont want to change managers. RM is a safe pair of hands. They know he can get his team to win games. They merely want to stay in the PL. That's it. Full stop. Change to someone else and they are into the unknown. They dont want that.

100% guaranteed: RM's job is safe for as long as he wants it.

If we have a bad season and the crowd turns and I mean proper turns on the board then martinez will be sacked as the scapegoat, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back