Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. TBF already IMHO we have been better than last season, but still A decent manager would have fans certain of a top 10 with this squad, that is my expectation of Martinez, I hope the board doesnt proovide a nifty llittle excuse for @davek.

Although he has more than proived he will never set him a target for fear of vaulting.

Apart from the first half against Watford, I'm pleased with the way we've played, so I'd agree we're looking better than last season.

Even though we lost yesterday, we had much more about us then we did for large parts of last season. If we keep on playing like that, then I'm happy to stick with Martinez.

I'm pretty sure Dave's nailed his colours to the mast in here and would agree that anything less than top half this season would be poor, but, for sure, he'd be unlikely to call for Martinez's head if that happened.

Last edited:
Second half against Watford, Southampton and first half yesterday were good, with yesterdays second half being overpowered rather than being bad.
That's actually the problem, how easy that 2nd half was for them. A quick change of the gears and they destroyed us.

Sterling is the only real change from either side in the last couple of years and no way is he the reason for the ease in which they stepped it up.

Second half against Watford, Southampton and first half yesterday were good, with yesterdays second half being overpowered rather than being bad.

When City are up for it, they're absolutely boss. Silva, Toure and Aguero are as good as anybody (not including Ronaldo and Messi) the rest of the squad isn't too shabby either.

That's actually the problem, how easy that 2nd half was for them. A quick change of the gears and they destroyed us.

Sterling is the only real change from either side in the last couple of years and no way is he the reason for the ease in which they stepped it up.

Yes, you're correct, Sterling isn't the reason; this is....

When City are up for it, they're absolutely boss. Silva, Toure and Aguero are as good as anybody (not including Ronaldo and Messi) the rest of the squad isn't too shabby either.

Even at Anfield when Liverpool were going for the title Liverpool snatched two early ones but then City absolutely battered them. Similarly against Chelsea last season at Stamford Bridge the champions elect were defending for their lives, last week they were blown away. If Silva Aguero and Toure are on it, no one in England can live with them.

Even at Anfield when Liverpool were going for the title Liverpool snatched two early ones but then City absolutely battered them. Similarly against Chelsea last season at Stamford Bridge the champions elect were defending for their lives, last week they were blown away. If Silva Aguero and Toure are on it, no one in England can live with them.

Yes, their defence is looking solid too. 2 away games played, both won, with 5 scored and 0 conceded. One home game v Chelsea - 3 scored 0 conceded. You can't get much better form than that.

I thought second half yesterday we were overpowered but I think Martinez stuck with the same system. In his first season he would have risked putting on at least 1 out and out wide man or 2 up top to chase the fame. Instead he brought on naismith and put him out wide. We were behind at home. Have a go.

Mate they're the best team in the league, some days you just have to tip your hat to them

Atleast Southampton are having a poor start, hopefully we finish top 7 but should we have another poor season I would certainly go for Koeman, plays with 2 pacey wingers and has an eye for a good no10

This literally couldn't make less sense.

Quite easy to understand if your not being puposely pedantic.

1. Koeman is a good manager who's proven he can do well in the league.

2. Should Southampton have a poor season the manager would be more willing to leave to join us especially considering he's had to put up with the board sell all their best players for the last 2 seasons running hence their decline rather than his tactics.

3. If we flop again this season it's clear Martinez isn't the right man for the job considering the quality in our squad and we should look elsewhere.

4. Koeman plays 2 wingers and plays a pacey and fluid passing system- something we enjoyed under martinez before he began arsing around with 1 and now 0 winger systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back