Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll easily finish in the top half. We need to be challenging Spurs, Liverpool etc for the European places though. I think we need at least 2/3 good additions for that though.
Additions are a definate for me. But addition of proven quality the 2 South Americans and Lennon would be a very much MEH

Apart from the first half against Watford, I'm pleased with the way we've played, so I'd agree we're looking better than last season. Even though we lost yesterday, we had much more about us then we did for large parts of last season. If we keep on playing like that, then I'm happy to stick with Martinez.
I'm pretty sure Dave's nailed his colours to the mast in here and would agree that anything less than top half this season would be poor, but, for sure, he'd be unlikely to call for Martinez's head if that happened.

I'd be very concerned if we dropped out of the top half of the table again this season. It'd indicate a pronounced dropping off in standards. Only if we'd gone all the way in one or both of the cups could that be acceptable.

I really dont anticipate it though. We'll be comfortably top half.

I still don't think we will go anywhere until he drops playing both Barry and Mccarthy and gets 2 wingers on the field. Why couldn't we set up like this:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Stones Oviedo

Mccarthy

Deloufeu Cleverly Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

That front 4 in midfield is full of pace and energy, with the ball those 4 could push up with Mccarthy staying behind then when not having the ball Cleverly drops back into a 4-2-3-1

Apart from the first half against Watford where he said himself we were sill in preseason mode and second half against city were we were well beaten by the best team in the league, we've been quite good so far, 10x better than last year, add in a decent signing like yarmo and we'll be in or around top 5-6

Liking this post, sage but I think he needs a good boot up the 'ole for the team still being in "pre season mode" when the traps went up on August 8th.

He should have had them focused and ready :)

Liking this post, sage but I think he needs a good boot up the 'ole for the team still being in "pre season mode" when the traps went up on August 8th.

He should have had them focused and ready :)
Tbh this.

He said it himself last year, that he didn't have enough time. Well, now you supposedly do have enough time, Mr. Boberto Martin, and it's not like we started firing on all cylinders as of yet... In fact we looked knackered against City after the 60th minute to be honest...

He has been made to look a fool by the phony BK.
He will be next out.
BK needs his Moyes back to take the heat off his corrupt regime.

Not the managers fault. I am fully for Martinez to walk- infact I think he should walk on his own will. This board is a complete joke and they need to realize.

Exactly. Never stopped you judging Moyes though.

Any manager at Everton will be hampered by the absolute frauds who run us.
You know nothing about my support and lack of it for Moyes. I backed him for 8 seasons when he was getting pelters from all and sundry. You on the other hand condemned Martinez before he'd even got a game under his belt at Everton.

Please dont try and hand me any lectures on double standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back