Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes has spent £18M net so far this summer at Real Socieded...apparently the most expensive squad they've ever had.

Martinez gets £4.5M from a massive tv deal.

:coffee:
It does make you wonder if that is a reflection of how much the chairman trusts their respective managers.

The operative word being at.
Mate I'm foreign alright?

Also really tired.

Thing is, we've had good games away to "top 4" teams, but have failed miserably because someone's cocked up or we've been too naive. If we start playing tactically well against them, which I think we will, we'll start getting points.

And can we not nitpick stuff like "oh but united finished 7th, they weren't a top team"? United are United, teams will always go there fearing them. If we're using that logic, then we might as well say that last season doesn't count because we played crap.

Mate I'm foreign alright?

Also really tired.

Thing is, we've had good games away to "top 4" teams, but have failed miserably because someone's cocked up or we've been too naive. If we start playing tactically well against them, which I think we will, we'll start getting points.

And can we not nitpick stuff like "oh but united finished 7th, they weren't a top team"? United are United, teams will always go there fearing them. If we're using that logic, then we might as well say that last season doesn't count because we played crap.
It was also a season that Swansea and Newcastle plus a load others beat them. It honestly wasn't that big a result. I thought we would win before the game. I can't say I've ever thought that when Moyes was in charge and that's not a reflection on Moyes.

It was also a season that Swansea and Newcastle plus a load others beat them. It honestly wasn't that big a result. I thought we would win before the game. I can't say I've ever thought that when Moyes was in charge and that's not a reflection on Moyes.
So United finish top 4, 7th, top 4, and it's not a result?

Last season didn't happen then, confirmed.
I can always play the foreigner card

So United finish top 4, 7th, top 4, and it's not a result?

Last season didn't happen then, confirmed.

I can always play the foreigner card
The result happened. We just have still yet to beat a team that finished in the top 4 for that season. We beat a team who finished 7th. It was still a good result but it's not quite the same.

Isn't the increase nxt season
Apparently we got an extra 30m this season too according to @Foot Long Hot Dog. Plus even if the increase is next season we could take a loan out. The thing I don't understand is Martinez must know and the Stones saga this year has illustrated that he doesn't have the time before this squad inevitably gets picked apart by the big boys. To not invest this year is criminal.

Why would he do that?

If Roberto has a poor season I think he will be welcomed back with open arms by Bill. He's not planning to stay in Spain forever. It's practically a scouting mission and a chance to get experience of a different football quite quiet culture.

He wouldn't but a mix of Moyes and Martinez would be good. Martinez' first season.had that mix.

Apparently we got an extra 30m this season too according to @Foot Long Hot Dog. Plus even if the increase is next season we could take a loan out. The thing I don't understand is Martinez must know and the Stones saga this year has illustrated that he doesn't have the time before this squad inevitably gets picked apart by the big boys. To not invest this year is criminal.

Mate I agree it is If we don't spend I just think we are skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back