Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should play Barkley, McCarthy, Besic (holding midfielder), with Cleverley as an impact sub (Osman). Barry should be used correctly which I believe would be best in a 4-2-3-1 with another holding midfielder (Besic preferably). As Osman and Barry retire, Cleverley and Besic as replacements.

Naismith should've been sold, but he along with Rodriguez and Kone can be a backup striker.

Mirallas should operate on the left wing, and Del on the right. Lennon once again can be the impact sub when we're in the lead of satisfied with a draw, as he offers sublime pace and and very good defensive coverage played on either flank.

McGeady and Pienaar are tosh- Kone could also be used as a winger( hopefully not).

Jags and Stones as starting CBs, with Mori slowly brought in to replace Jags. Galloway and Brownig should be given out on loan, as they are clearly not getting enough time here.

Coleman and Baines as full backs of course, and if Browning doesn't go out on loan then he's Colemans back up. Oviedo while Baines is out injured.

As for GK, both are horrendous, but Howard occasionally can be a show stopper.

A lot of questions are going to be asked about what happened with the one signing he outlined as being vitally important to our progression. All other transfer business aside, Martinez has failed to bring in the player he outlined would improve the squad. Whether that is the board's or Martinez' fault time will tell, I wouldn't be happy if I was Roberto today.

A lot of questions are going to be asked about what happened with the one signing he outlined as being vitally important to our progression. All other transfer business aside, Martinez has failed to bring in the player he outlined would improve the squad. Whether that is the board's or Martinez' fault time will tell, I wouldn't be happy if I was Roberto today.
He has messed up badly if he has sacrificed his prized number 10 by paying 10 mill for a 3rd choice cb.
The board are a disgrace but turning down 8 mill for naismith is an awful desicision

I understand that but I still think Kenwright would take him back. One summer and a few bad decisions doesn't ruin 10 years and the fact he hasn't taken another English job suggests to me he's waiting for the Everton job. I think it's also why the Martinez fans are so sensitive to Moyes comparisons because they know this too.

I hope Martinez can get us firing because while it isn't working at the moment I don't really want to go back to Moyes either. Gary Monk would be my choice but I think Liverpool or even Arsenal might be after him when they want a change.

Please abandon the written word and put yourself in a bin

He better start playing 2 of our wide player out wide or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iP1J08G.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back