Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have been nice if he'd been truthful about the results of the window not being optimal by any means - instead of his usual faux-positive nonsense.

He missed out on improving two areas of the pitch he himself said was necessary. Would be nice to hear him call a spade a spade every now and again.

i get the impression martinez must be quite an easy boss to work under. people that have worked with him in the past cant seem to get back quick enough.

kinda when youve landed on an easy job, and drag it out aslong as possible to make it easy for yourself!

I don't understand how people think Martinez played a blinder this window. It was awesome seeing him stand up to Chelsea over Stones but without finding a No 10 play maker to take us forward he's only delaying the inevitable and we may never get offered that amount.

I said earlier during the window that this window's success of failure will rest on the No 10 and later in particular Yarmolenko. He definitely went for the right player, he was my first choice after all but he left it too late and [Poor language removed] footed about with the price. If he had of gone big and early I think we would have got him - and if not at least we could have moved on.

Deulofeu, Cleverly and Lennon were all good signings but all 3 were practically slam dunks since each player refused to go to any other club.

That said the fact that those 3 players all wanted to come back and coupled with the others that didn't leave that were threatening shows he's a very good manager with a very good reputation among the players and that team morale and togetherness must be strong.

I just hope he gets the play maker position sorted in January and gets the backing of the board.

I don't understand how people think Martinez played a blinder this window. It was awesome seeing him stand up to Chelsea over Stones but without finding a No 10 play maker to take us forward he's only delaying the inevitable and we may never get offered that amount.

I said earlier during the window that this window's success of failure will rest on the No 10 and later in particular Yarmolenko. He definitely went for the right player, he was my first choice after all but he left it too late and [Poor language removed] footed about with the price. If he had of gone big and early I think we would have got him - and if not at least we could have moved on.

Deulofeu, Cleverly and Lennon were all good signings but all 3 were practically slam dunks since each player refused to go to any other club.

That said the fact that those 3 players all wanted to come back and coupled with the others that didn't leave that were threatening shows he's a very good manager with a very good reputation among the players and that team morale and togetherness must be strong.

I just hope he gets the play maker position sorted in January and gets the backing of the board.

For the umpteenth time you are utterly wrong, Yarmolenko was not going to be sold no matter when the bid was put in as the owner did not want to sell him, he strung us out he strung other teams out too on it till he could use the excuse of not enough time, needed for CL etc, just actually put down FM or FIFA, stop using the echo and jarg twitter accounts like FutbolUkraine as your sources and get a reality check.

Owner has said he will be allowed to go in the January window should they be out the CL, hmmm lets analyse that fact, he said he will let him go to a BIG team, none of those will actually buy him in january as he will be ineligible for their own CL games, so he then has the excuse to keep hold of him for the entire season lined up - exactly what he has wanted all along.

You've either not been reading anything @roydo has posted throughout the entire affair or your just so dumb that it doesn't sink in lad

For the umpteenth time you are utterly wrong, Yarmolenko was not going to be sold no matter when the bid was put in as the owner did not want to sell him, he strung us out he strung other teams out too on it till he could use the excuse of not enough time, needed for CL etc, just actually put down FM or FIFA, stop using the echo and jarg twitter accounts like FutbolUkraine as your sources and get a reality check.

Owner has said he will be allowed to go in the January window should they be out the CL, hmmm lets analyse that fact, he said he will let him go to a BIG team, none of those will actually buy him in january as he will be ineligible for their own CL games, so he then has the excuse to keep hold of him for the entire season lined up - exactly what he has wanted all along.

You've either not been reading anything @roydo has posted throughout the entire affair or your just so dumb that it doesn't sink in lad
I am not wrong. I'm not right either. What I am doing is stating an opinion.

You are wrong by stating that as fact.

The facts are.

1. We put a bid in with less than a week before the champions league draw and not much longer before the close of the window.
2. Kiev had a bit rejected for a Yarmolenko replacement from Sevilla because the player didn't want to move. This happened after our bid was put in for Yarmolenko.
3. The owner after the draw, a draw that gave them a chance of getting out of the group said he was going no where.
4. The owner said that Everton's bid was acceptable but he didn't have time to find a replacement and because they had a chance of getting out of the CL group didn't want to sell.

They're the facts. People can make up their own mind.

Besides if it was never on then isn't that an even bigger miscalculation by Martinez.

I am not wrong. I'm not right either. What I am doing is stating an opinion.

You are wrong by stating that as fact.

The facts are.

1. We put a bid in with less than a week before the champions league draw and not much longer before the close of the window.
2. Kiev had a bit rejected for a Yarmolenko replacement from Sevilla because the player didn't want to move. This happened after our bid was put in for Yarmolenko.
3. The owner after the draw, a draw that gave them a chance of getting out of the group said he was going no where.
4. The owner said that Everton's bid was acceptable but he didn't have time to find a replacement and because they had a chance of getting out of the CL group didn't want to sell.

They're the facts. People can make up their own mind.

Besides if it was never on then isn't that an even bigger miscalculation by Martinez.

Well lad if you read my post never stated it was a fact your the one who decided to add that i had when replying, by all means though accept the 'facts' as given by the owner of Kiev, multi billionaire oligarchs who earned their fortune in the collapse of the old soviet union are known for their honesty mate, it's how they became so rich and beloved.

Don't think you've ever had an opinion to yourself that hasn't been gained from reading someone's twitter or crappy article being honest

I gave up last night mate!

Think you were wise to do so mate

Would have been nice if he'd been truthful about the results of the window not being optimal by any means - instead of his usual faux-positive nonsense.

He missed out on improving two areas of the pitch he himself said was necessary. Would be nice to hear him call a spade a spade every now and again.

Did you think he was going to come out publicly and say that his boss is a walking liability? Don't think people stay in their roles long doing that.

Did you think he was going to come out publicly and say that his boss is a walking liability? Don't think people stay in their roles long doing that.

Not saying that; just an acknowledgement of sorts instead of living in cloud cuckoo land with every interview.

I want to like Martinez but every time he's so blatantly plastic in interviews it's really off putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back